Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital identity and digital fraud prevention. Our global platform and advanced identity verification technologies bridge the gap between the physical and digital world, providing our customers with new levels of control over their consumers’ experiences and making digital access faster and more secure than ever. Our solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
The Principal Accountant (Revenue) is a key member of the Accounting Team and is responsible for the processing accounts receivables, preparing account reconciliations and working with customers to resolve billing and collection issues.
What you will do
- Day-to-day management of Order to Cash functions (billing, invoicing, cash application and collections)
- Process Revenue in accordance with ASC 606 guidance
- Review new customer contracts and set-up Sales Orders for invoicing/revenue recognition schedules
- Process customer invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain relationships with key customers regarding accounts receivables and related collections.
- Ensure timeliness of customer cash collections
- Investigate variances and assist customers with billing questions
- Participate in month end close, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations and variance analysis
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including Sales, Customer Support, Legal, etc. to resolve any issues that may arise
- Maintain the Order to Cash internal control environment
- Review current processes and workflows and make recommendations as needed to ensure more efficient and productive results
- Provide financial expertise to Management for revenue improvements.
- Identify and resolve revenue related issues promptly
- Special projects and tasks as directed
Who you are
- Provide thought leadership as the business grows in headcount, revenue and geographical scope
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Clear verbal and written communicator
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a Corporate Finance environment
- Prior experience supervising receivables and collections
- Previous experience working and managing Order-to-Cash is required
- Demonstrated ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
What would be nice
- CPA with Big 4 experience
- Experience with NetSuite ERP a plus
- Experience working in a cloud software (SaaS) company
- Experience working in a publicly traded company