Fast, convenient check deposit
Mobile Deposit is the market-leading mobile remote deposit capture (mRDC) solution (instead of using paper checks) for retail financial institutions, brokerages and prepaid card providers. Our patented, award-winning technology has been licensed by more than 6,500 financial institutions and is loved by more than 80 million consumers in digital banking.
Trusted By 98 of the top 100 US Banks
4 billion mobile deposits
totaling $3 trillion in cumulative check value
Mobile deposit makes remote banking quick and easy
Mitek's Mobile Deposit® offers convenient check deposit solutions for consumers not reliant just by mailing paper checks, by allowing them to simply take a photo of a check from their checking accounts with their mobile device. Fueled by proprietary technology, we've combined our MiSnap™ capture experience with breakthrough image analysis to help with deposited checks, and deliver a quick and simple online banking user experience.
Remote check deposit technology for usability, scalability and risk mitigation
An intuitive user experience for consumers. Hosted and on-premise deployment options to scale with the largest financial institutions. Advanced image processing for deposit amounts and check amounts and analytics provide high confidence rates, and assist in risk mitigation with deposited checks.
Build your Mobile Deposit® app on Mitek’s strong foundation
- Image analytics meet Check 21 industry standards on the mobile app
- Automatically correct warped, distorted, and poorly lit images with your account
- Specialized OCR software for highly accurate MICR validation
- API for easy integration into mobile banking apps as well as core systems
- State-of-the-art encryption
- Mobile Deposit® history review for deposits on your account, and processed images
- International support: available and supported in many countries around the globe.
- The mobile app is available for iOS and Android
- Hosted and on-premise deployment options
- Endorsement detection: the ability to detect the presence of an endorsement on the back of a check tied to your checking account
- Restrictive endorsement: detects the presence of a desired phrase in the endorsement by the deposit amount and check amount, such as: “For deposit only at [XYZ] bank” to limit duplicate deposits
- CAR/LAR matching: ensures the numerical and the written amounts match
- Front and back matching: this feature leverages Harland Clarke PhotoSafe checks
- Immediate MICR validation
- Blank LAR field detection
Business intelligence dashboard for performance analytics and tuning for online banking:
- Understand what types of mobile devices are in use for mobile banking across the user base
- Learn how all iOS and Android devices are performing
- See imaging quality analytics, system performance, and other key metrics
Exceptional user experience
Mitek MiSnap™, our advanced auto capture experience, makes check capture effortless. The consumer simply holds their mobile device over the check and a usable image of the original check is captured automatically. Easy image capture means first time users are successful generating more usage and better reviews of your app. For the bank or financial institution, this means fewer images from original checks are flagged for review.
The lure of ROI from digital-channel migration to mobile payments readiness is raising the bar among top retail financial institutions in turn causing some to rise and others to fall in this year's customer experience rankings for 20 top retail banks and credit unions.
Over 25% of small businesses are considering changing banks, or financial institutions, while fewer than 15% agreed that their bank offered their business personalized services.
More effectively serve small business customers by enabling a better digital banking experience with Mobile Deposit.
Mitek offers mobile image capture to end user organizations as a software as a service solution. Organizations like the Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC), which puts on a two-day bike-a-thon each August in Massachusetts.