We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Our future of work is about enabling a smarter, faster, and happier workforce regardless of work location. Whether you prefer to work from a Mitek office or a remote location of your choosing, we'll provide you with the digital excellence, supporting systems & tools, and communication transparency that allows you to do your best, most collaborative work.
This position is located onsite in our downtown San Diego, California headquarters.
As a key member of our Global Information Technology & Security team, you will responsible for regional implementation, maintenance and administration of Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh server systems and desktops.
What you will do
- Provide tier-1 support to regional staff for all office related software and hardware issues
- Assist in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support
- Implement, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing and new Microsoft Windows and Linux server operating systems, network and firewall devices, Audio/Video equipment, unified communication systems (e.g. Zoom/RingCentral), & office security systems.
- Integrate user workstations, including Mac workstations, with Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Active Directory.
- Confer with programmers, analysts, systems administrators, and users regarding current and prospective system changes and future needs.
- Provide support to site-managed technical staff regarding system administration and usage.
- Assist efforts of colleagues who are involved in diagnosing and correcting system related failures and performing system management activities; helps determine logical solutions to complex system administration and application problems with administrators at other locations
Who you are
- Problem-solver - motivated to solve issues and help fellow employees
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Excellent communicator, written and spoken
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers served and systems administration staff.
What you need
- Associates degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field, accompanied by 1 year of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience (two years of relevant experience with Microsoft Windows server, desktop and Macintosh operating systems, Active Directory, Group Policies and TCP/IP networking may be substituted for the Associates degree.)
- Experience in writing system documentation, system specifications/requirements, presentations, correspondence, studies, reports, and training materials.
- Demonstrated ability to properly develop and maintain accurate documentation.Mac and Windows administrative capabilities alongside experience doing related system administrative duties such as account creation, permissions and software maintenance.Willingness to expand knowledge to include Linux/UNIX systems as needed.Previous experience with ticketing tools, such as ServiceNowAble to lead small projects and work autonomously
What would be nice to have
- Experience in implementing high availability Microsoft Windows servers in a high-speed network and integrating MAC workstations with Microsoft Windows serversExperience with Virtualization / Hypervisor technologyExperience with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS/Azure) and cloud migrations