Mitek and Experian® Collaborate to Help Organizations Monetize the Mobile Channel
- Mitek’s Mobile Photo Account Opening™ eliminates the notoriously cumbersome and error prone manual data entry on a mobile device by using the camera as the keyboard
- Experian's Precise ID gives clients the most complete and accurate view of a consumer's identity so they can make the right decisions
- Combined solution streamlines account opening by making it easy and safe for consumers to engage with organizations in the extremely popular mobile channel
SAN DIEGO, CA and LAS VEGAS, NV – October 7, 2013 ─Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK, www.miteksystems.com), the leading innovator of mobile imaging for financial transactions, announced today at Money 2020 that it is working in partnership with Experian, the leading global information services company, to offer frictionless and safe mobile account opening. The marriage of Mitek’s Mobile Photo Account Opening™ solution and Experian’s fraud prevention and authentication services will help organizations streamline the account opening process giving them the ability to take a giant leap toward monetizing the mobile channel.
Mitek’s award winning Mobile Photo Account Opening reduces the friction in the account opening process by eliminating the notoriously cumbersome and error prone manual data entry on a mobile device. Consumers simply capture pictures of the front and the back of thier driver’s license and the validated data is automatically populated into the account opening application. Mobile Photo Account Opening seamlessly integrates with Experian's fraud detection and prevention platform which offers cutting-edge resources that enable Experian clients to outpace criminals by detecting, avoiding, and managing fraud activity — all while helping clients meet mandated government and industry regulations such as the USA PATRIOT Act, the FACTA Red Flags Rule, and E-Signature requirements.
“This combined solution addresses two major business needs. First, our Mobile Photo Account Opening solution will reduce friction for consumers during the account opening process by enabling them to use the camera on their mobile device as a keyboard. Secondly, Experian's Precise ID gives clients the most complete and accurate view of a consumer's identity so they can make the right decisions,” said Scott Carter, Chief Marketing Officer at Mitek. “Together these solutions will be a valuable asset to any organization that wants to monetize the popular mobile channel.”
“We are pleased to partner with Mitek. This partnership addresses emerging patterns common in mobile adoption and helps organizations acquire, protect, and grow their customer bases,” said Jon Jones, Senior Vice President, Fraud and Identity Solutions, Experian Decision Analytics.
Financial institutions are eager to use mobile as a customer acquisition tool for checking, savings, credit card, and other transactions in the branch, in the community, and via mobile self services. Other industries like ecommerce, healthcare, insurance, and social media that are faced with improving the mobile user experience and at the same time identifying risk in their exploding mobile user populations will also benefit from this solution.
Like Mobile Deposit®, Mobile Photo Bill Pay®, and Mobile Photo Balance Transfer™, Mobile Photo Account Opening leverages Mitek’ MiSnap™ touch-free capture technology which automates the image capture process – eliminating user-error and decreasing transaction processing time.
Those interested in becoming an early adopter of this combined solution can send an email to email@example.com.
- According to a December 2012 Forrester Research report, Mobile Authentication: Is This My App? Is This My User?, “Users want a seamless experience on mobile devices. Users don't want to deal with cumbersome and complicated processes for device registration and authentication. They just want to interact with the app without security getting in the way; on tiny touch screens, complicated authentication measures will prove counterproductive. If you don't deliver a seamless experience, users will find a way to bypass your restrictions or, in the case of consumers, go to your competitors.”
- According to a July 2013, Javelin Research & Strategy report, How To Upgrade Online and Mobile Account Opening for an Omnichannel Era, “The fact that 88.5 million Americans attempted to open an account online or with a mobile device in the past 12 months underscores how far digital account opening has come in a few short years. Nonetheless, its potential remains largely untapped, especially as consumers place growing importance on mobile capabilities.”
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. The Group helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended 31 March 2013 was US$4.7 billion. Experian employs approximately 17,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Headquartered in San Diego, CA., Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a mobile imaging software solutions provider that allows users to remotely deposit checks, pay their bills, get insurance quotes, and transfer credit card balances by snapping a picture with their camera-equipped smartphones and tablets instead of using the device keyboard. Mitek’s technology increases convenience for the consumer by eliminating the need to go to the bank branch or automated teller machine, and dramatically reduces processing and customer acquisition costs while increasing customer retention. With a strong patent portfolio, Mitek is positioned as the leading innovator in mobile imaging software and currently provides its solutions to Fortune 500 financial services companies. For more information about Mitek, please visit http://www.miteksystems.com. MITK-G
Connect with us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MitekSystems
Follow us on Twitter: @miteksystems
See us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/miteksystems
Read our latest blog post: http://www.miteksystems.com/blog
Director of Marketing
MIX Public Relations