Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
We are seeking a highly skilled and dynamic executive to join our finance leadership team as our Vice President & Global Corporate Controller. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing the financial operations and reporting across our global operations. Leading a global team of professionals, you will be responsible for day to day accounting operations and ensuring the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial statements. You will develop and manage our internal control standards and practices in coordination with our various operating departments.
- Leadership & Team Development: Lead and mentor a team of finance professionals, fostering a culture of excellence, accountability, and continuous improvement. Promote a collaborative environment that encourages knowledge sharing and cross functional collaboration.
- Financial Reporting & Compliance: Lead the preparation and analysis of accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and relevant regulatory requirements for SEC filings. Coordinate with internal and external auditors for quarterly and annual audits to ensure compliance and adherence to SOX regulations.
- Global Accounting Operations: Oversee the financial accounting operations for the company's global subsidiaries, ensuring consistent accounting practices, proper inter-company transactions, and compliance with local accounting standards and tax regulations.
- Internal Controls: Maintain robust internal control policies and procedures to safeguard company assets and prevent fraudulent activities. Continuously monitor and evaluate internal control systems, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing necessary changes.
- Revenue Recognition: Oversee revenue team to ensure accurate and compliant revenue recognition across various software product offerings, including SaaS, term licenses, in line with ASC 606 standards and related interpretations.
- Risk Management: Assess financial risks and develop strategies to mitigate potential threats to the company's financial stability and growth. Stay informed about industry trends, accounting developments, and regulatory changes that may impact financial operations and reporting
- M&A Support: Collaborate with the Corporate Development team to assess financial aspects of potential acquisitions and integrations, including due diligence and financial modeling.
- Drive the resolution of all external audit and internal audit issues. Serve as the lead liaison for external auditors.
- Set the standards as a leader and coach for increased levels of employee job satisfaction and employee engagement through the development and mentoring of the accounting team.
- Drive processes to optimize and automate accounting operations to drive efficient monthly/quarterly close cycles and improve accuracy and efficiency.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- CPA certification is highly preferred.
- Progressive substantive experience in finance and accounting leadership roles, preferably in a public software or technology company.
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP, SEC reporting, SOX compliance, and revenue recognition principles (ASC 606).
- Strong understanding of software industry business models, including SaaS and term licenses.
- Experience with managing global accounting operations and working with international subsidiaries is a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully leading finance teams, implementing internal controls, and driving process improvements.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex financial concepts to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- A collaborative, results-oriented “go getter," who is a supportive, focused, high performing professional.
- Ability to build and foster relationships with the organization at all levels and with key stakeholders.