Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
Mitek Systems is seeking a Tax Manager to assist the growing tax department with direct tax. The Manager, reporting to the Head of Tax, will be responsible for oversight on areas of federal, state and international income tax, including compliance, tax accounting, income tax audits, mergers and acquisitions and supporting the overall tax strategy of the company. The ideal candidate will be ready to join a fast-paced environment, lead change, and be excited to build scalable, controlled processes.
- Provide information for and review federal and state corporate income and franchise tax returns prepared by third party service providers.
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual tax provisions.
- Review international income tax returns prepared in-house by international accounting teams or third-party service providers.
- Develop and maintain processes to help the company maintain compliance with local, federal and international income tax laws and regulations.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the income tax process.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments.
- Assist with tax audits, inquiries, and controversies, including responding to tax authorities’ requests for information, providing documentation, and resolving tax-related issues.
- Assist in the reconciliation of tax related balances during month end close.
- Collaborate with FP&A team in the preparation of forecasted effective tax rates and cash taxes.
- Implement best practices and leverage technology solutions to streamline tax compliance workflows.
- Assist with implementing strategic international tax planning opportunities including transfer pricing, research and tax modeling.
- Manage and assist with evaluating the tax consequences of business projects, operating strategies, M&A activity, and the integration of acquisitions.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects and analysis as assigned.
- Knowledge and skills typically associated with at least 5-7 years' income tax experience in a mix of public accounting and in-house environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Good grasp of tax technical knowledge and concepts and a desire to learn and develop knowledge of tax laws, regulations, and current tax developments.
- Strong technical and research background including ability to make decisions and recommend solutions in accordance with applicable laws.
- Strong technical knowledge of income tax accounting rules under ASC 740
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Proficient in NetSuite or similar ERP.
- CPA, JD, Master’s in Accounting, Master’s in Taxation, MBA and/or LLM strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, logical and creative problem-solving.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong presentation skills paired with excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to summarize complex issues simply and effectively.
- Driven by the thrill of a problem solved.
- Thrives in an environment where you’re trusted to own solutions and show your skills so long as you communicate well and think about the stakeholders.
- Able to adapt and contribute to an evolving team and business.
- Flexible with a “can do” attitude and the ability to remain professional in high-pressure situations.
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, paired with the ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group).
$125,000 - $150,000 a year
We are proud to offer competitive salary ranges aligned to industry standards. Please note that our ranges are representative and individual compensation specifics may vary based upon experience level, professional competencies and geographic differentials.