As a Strategic Sales Executive, you will generate and close new business from assigned targets across key markets such as banking, financial services, payments, marketplace/sharing economy and others. You will have the benefit of Mitek’s investments in the area of lead generation in the prospecting of your assigned targets. Target customers will typically consist of large enterprise, Fortune 500 companies.
This position may be based preferentially in San Diego, NYC, San Francisco, or in an other remote workplace location
- Become an expert in identifying challenges that our prospective customers face, which can be solved with our Mobile Capture and Identity Verification solutions
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level
- Serve as a brand enthusiast with customers for Mitek’s suite of identity products
- Work collaboratively with marketing and product departments to execute sales strategy
Who You Are (Soft Skills, Attributes)
- Ability to create compelling communications (written and verbal) and establish direct relationships with target personas at multiple levels within an organization
- Ability to summarize complex issues simply and effectively
- Personally accountable self-starter with entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent business acumen, combined with a professional demeanor, emotional intelligence and collaborative approach (internally and externally)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup team-focused culture and adapt to a changing environment
- Logical and creative problem-solver
- Interested in learning and open to coaching
- Tons of energy, passion, a good sense of humor and general curiosity
- A powerful work ethic and drive
- Ability to travel as required (up to 50%)
What You Need (Skills/Experience)
- Demonstrated history – 5 - 10 years - of prospecting, developing and closing complex B2B sales for hosted services, with consultative approach. Evidence that you are a top producer.
- History of maintaining laser focus on named account acquisition, and building pipeline to meet or exceed quota
- Solid planning, organization, and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in organizing and facilitating internal and external teams to drive deals through complex sales cycles
- Ability to use internal resources effectively and efficiently to support sales strategies
- An organized, disciplined approach to prospecting and leading prospects through the buying process.
- Superior active listening and qualification skills
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate clear, persuasive proposals, emails and presentations.
- Ability to effectively communicate client needs to internal stakeholders and align resources to serve client needs
- B.A. or B.S. degree