Mitek, a leader in enabling mobile applications with image capture, is looking for an experienced Golang Developer to join our Cloud Platforms Team to develop, support, and maintain high performing API driven solutions. This is an exceptional opportunity at a hot growing company in the mobile imaging area. We are changing the way users perform their day-to-day activities through our patented mobile document capture technology. Our products include Mobile Deposit, Mobile Verify, Mobile Fill and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Senior Golang Developer will be part of a team of high performing engineers that are building Mitek’s next generation cloud platform. They will be responsible for the delivery of production ready API solutions based on a technology stack including Golang, Python, gRPC, Protobuf, and RabbitMQ all deployed to our Amazon Web Services based cloud platform. The successful candidate will have strong experience in the implementation of distributed systems based on a micro-services architecture and a passion around continuous delivery and quality engineering. They will work closely with other software engineers, cloudops, devops, product managers and QA personnel to deliver cutting edge cloud solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in software development leveraging modern development platforms
- 2+ years of experience implementing production systems with Golang
- Hands on experience delivering complex, high-volume back end services
- Experience developing solutions for deployment within Docker containers
- Experience developing in both Linux and Windows environments
- Mentoring experience, partnering with team members to speed adoption of new tools and technologies
- Experience with developing solutions that target Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the deployment platform
- Proven experience estimating work accurately and driving to defined milestones
- Working knowledge of protobuf, gRPC, RabbitMQ, and MongoDB
- Experience developing systems based on user stories
- Experience leading software design working sessions
- Expertise with unit, integration, and system test paradigms
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Comfort and familiarity with producing and writing customer facing documentation
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Excellent time management skills and able to efficiently shift priorities
- Clear and concise communicator; good at setting expectations and raising issues as needed
- Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, and innovative
- Strong team player and positive attitude
Apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.