We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,500 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
You will be an integral member of the Research team, responsible for helping evolve and improve our patented computer vision and machine learning technology, used in our ID validation products.
As a key contributor, your role will include taking new computer vision techniques from proof-of-concept through to production, enhancing the image processing pipeline and improving the existing public interfaces through full-cycle development methodologies and practices. You’ll be designing, testing and helping deploy interfaces that are modular, portable, highly-tested and optimized.
What You’ll Do (Essential Responsibilities)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Designs and implements algorithms for solving simple and moderately complex problems, based on previous academic work or doing incremental contributions.
- Designs, implements and executes the experimental setup and needed evaluation metrics, and analyzes and interprets the data obtained.
- Produces moderately complex data independently.
- Reads papers and searches information about the state of the art without supervision to broaden his expertise on a given area and to learn about a new area, using scientific literature to the design and execution of complex problems solutions, contributing with original incremental research to develop new solutions and technologies to problems when needed.
- Co-authors papers for workshops and conferences.
- Possesses extensive theoretical and practical scientific/technical knowledge on Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, ID Documents and Forgeries.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought.
- Understands the objective of the features assigned and can define independently the needed stories to achieve them.
- Determines the methods and procedures for completing new assignments; asks for guidance when needed.
- Can guide Associate Researchers to develop their activities.
- Effectively explains the outcome of research, and its value, to internal research colleagues, and to the scientific community.
- Conducts critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas.
- Understands, and can articulate, the value of research work in the context of company product.
Who You Are (Soft Skills, Attributes)
- Problem solver - creating robust, high-quality solutions to complex problems.
- Able to identify, design and architect scalable solutions for multiple product needs.
- Taking initiative to ensure functional delivery.
- Strong communicator - possessing interpersonal, written, and oral skills.
- Hands-on and able to work well within a multi-skilled team of algorithm, software and product engineers.
What You Need (Education/Licenses/Certifications, Experience, Knowledge, Technical Skills and Abilities)
- PhD/MSc degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or related field) paired with a minimum of 4-7 years of related experience, depending on education.
- 3+ years’ experience in computer vision, machine learning and image processing.
- Excellent C, Python and C++ programming skills.
- Proven hands-on experience with Deep Learning.
- Expert on one or more machine learning frameworks: Caffe, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
- English & Spanish language skills.
What Would be Nice (Preferred Skills & Experience)
- Experience with GANs.
- Experience on Semi-Supervised Learning.
- Experience with Mobile Development for IOS and Android.
- Experience with Deep Neural Networks on Mobile Devices.
- Experience with document extraction and authentication and/or facial recognition.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Git.
- Experience with Unit Testing and Continuous Integration.
- Familiar with using Agile Development methodologies.