Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Revenue to join our Accounting team. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Revenue Accounting, this is a people manager role on a global team that handles revenue accounting. You will have the opportunity to help shape our Accounting department through interpreting contractual revenue recognition, recommending and implementing best practices and streamlining current processes.
What You'll Do (Key Responsibilities)
- Work seamlessly with Sales, Sales Operations, Deal Desk and Legal team to collaborate and communicate on finance approval of deals.
- Prepare technical memo documentation on non-standard deals.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring internal controls & a strong review process within Quote-to-Cash cycle.
- Review and approve Sales Orders in NetSuite based on contractual terms.
- Ensure accurate and timely transaction processing, accounting & reporting in accordance with policies and US GAAP.
- Manage monthly/quarterly revenue accounting and closing processes including journal entries, reconciliation, reporting, 10Q and 10K disclosures, and analysis.
- Supervise and support on Collections and Customer Invoicing.
- Provide audit support for revenue, deferred revenue & reserves.
- Work closely with IT team on various systems automations and process improvements.
- Support FP&A team with analyzing results and providing additional information.
- Lead, mentor and develop the team.
Who You Are (Soft Skills/Attributes)
- The successful candidate will display a balance of technical and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced setting, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Energy, desire and ability to take on new projects to support fast growing company such as supporting international structure, automation of billing & approval processes, etc.
What You Need (Education/Licenses/Certifications, Experience, Knowledge, Technical Skills and Abilities)
- BA/BS in Business or Accounting.
- Knowledge and skills typically associated with 5+ years of relevant experience in SaaS revenue recognition.
- Experience with NetSuite and its advanced revenue module (ARM).
- Experience with systems implementations and process improvements.
- Excellent knowledge of ASC 606 and related interpretations.
- Experience managing a team of accountants.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Experience working with SFDC is preferred.
$100,000 - $160,000 a year
We are proud to offer competitive salary ranges aligned to industry standards. Please note that our ranges are representative and individual compensation specifics may vary based upon experience level, professional competencies and geographic differentials.