You've probably deposited a check using your phone, or used your phone to scan your ID to open a bank account or reserve a vacation rental. Ever wonder who built the tech behind those features? We did, right here in San Diego!
We’re Mitek, and we're leading the industry in the evolution of mobile deposit and identity verification software solutions. Our Mobile Deposit® and Mobile Verify® products, built on our proprietary MiSnap™ mobile-capture SDK, are embedded into the apps of more than 6,500 organizations globally.
We’re constantly working on cool, innovative projects - come work with us!
We are seeking a full-stack developer who is interested in building internal tools for identity document modeling. As part of Mitek’s document tooling team, you will be helping to provide rapid support for new documents on our identity verification service. This is a small, newly formed team where your ideas and contributions will have a significant impact. The team also provides an opportunity to leverage computer vision and machine learning technology to solve challenging problems.
Sound like you? Interested and want to know more? Send in your resume and let's chat!
What you will do
- Understand the process for delivering new identity documents on the identity verification service
- Propose software design solutions to increase efficiency of document delivery
- Develop internal software tools and refactor existing tools
- Automate workflows for training and testing machine learning algorithms
- Leverage computer vision and machine learning to identify and label test and train images
- Collaborate with other teams to update existing tools
- Document the software tools for internal users
- Provide tool training and support to a non-technical audience
Who you are
- Self-starter who understands the big picture and focuses on what is important
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused culture and adapts to a changing environment
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to summarize complex issues effectively
- Strong problem-solver with data-driven and innovative approaches
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field
- CI/CD experience in Jenkins or other automation servers
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Experience working with web services
- Strong software architectural skills using common design patterns and paradigms
What would be nice
- Experience with web frameworks
- Computer vision algorithm development experience in OpenCV
- Exposure to machine learning frameworks such as Caffe, PyTorch, and TensorFlow
- Experience in automating workflows
- Jenkins automation experience