We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,500 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
At Mitek, we are successfully working 100% from our homes worldwide during this unprecedented time. We will be until such a time that we can ensure the wellbeing of our teams in an office setting. As such, your experience with us from introduction to interview to onboarding will be a virtual one. See the carousel on our Mitek Careers page for our video on Mitek at a distance.
As a Test Engineer at Mitek, you will work as part of our Mobile Capture/Web Scrum team to design and build manual and automated testing capabilities for the next generation of our image capture SDKs for mobile devices (Android and iOS) and desktop usage.
Please note, while we have not yet fully returned to our offices, this position requires the ability and willingness to physically collect and drop off mobile test devices from our office in downtown San Diego up to 2 times a month. We are in full accordance with current health requirements for social distancing and sanitization for your protection.
What You'll Do
- Plan, create, and execute manual and automated software tests for Web SDKs on a wide range of mobile devices
- Collaborate with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Support staff
- Write stable automated UI tests for new stories and fixed defects
- Each sprint, help ensure that new features and bug fixes meet defined acceptance criteria
- Manage defects and proactively share risks to management
- Solve and respond to customer questions and issues in a timely manner
- Present your work in front of stakeholders at sprint reviews
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- 5+ years of overall related experience in testing
- Demonstrated success creating test cases
- Ability and willingness to physically collect and drop off mobile test devices from our San Diego office up to 2 times a month
What Would Be Nice
- Experience with a web development framework (eg. Node.js, React, or Angular)
- Experience with remote web debugging
- Experience with Jenkins or a similar automated CI/CD tool
- Comfort and familiarity with writing customer-facing documentation
- Experience with Agile and/or Scrum methodology