You will be an integral member of the Mitek Research Engineering team, where you’ll be designing and building custom software for document authenticity processing pipelines. You’ll be responsible for end-to-end design, development and documentation of custom software. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop new software and enhance existing systems
· Work with the Research department to improve the software production and integration of the modules that have been considered viable.
· Document internally the use of the software developed to facilitate the use of other users and generate user documentation.
Who you are:
- Strong Problem Solver, with the ability to:
- Identify, design, and architect scalable solutions for multiple product needs.
- Create robust, high-quality solutions to complex problems.
- Evaluate performance issues using profiling techniques.
- Take initiative to ensure functional delivery.
- Good Communicator with the ability to:
- Effectively communicate with others, in written and oral formats.
- Be hands-on and work well within a multi-skilled team of algorithm, software and product engineers.
- Proactively contribute ideas.
What you need:
- BS in Computer Science, Math or Engineering
- 5 years of relevant programming experience, with a minimum of 3 years in C++
- Experience with using agile development methodologies
- Demonstratable strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Experience with Web Services and using data formats like JSON, XML.
- Strong experience and skills with Visual Studio, Git.
- Ability to write object-oriented code using modern paradigms and languages.
- Comfort with statistics and numeric analysis.
- Experience working with/on APIs (REST/gRPC/...)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
What would be nice:
- Programming experience with Python
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks: Caffe, TensorFlow, PyTorch etc.
- Experience with Visual Studio and Git
- Experience on Tcl/Tk for Python (Tkinter)
- Experience with Deep Neural Networks and / or Machine Learning
- Experience with computer vision or image processing
- Experience with OpenCV
- Curiosity to introspect, investigate, and analyze computer vision/machine learning algorithms.