We’re Mitek, the worldwide industry leader for mobile deposit and identity verification software solutions. If you've ever deposited a check or verified your identity using your phone, it's highly likely our software enabled that experience for you! Our Mobile Deposit® and Mobile Verify® products, built on our proprietary MiSnap™ mobile-capture SDK, are embedded into the apps of more than 6,500 organizations globally.
Mitek is seeking a Senior/Lead Application Operations Engineer to join our global CloudOps team based in downtown San Diego. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring a high level of service continuity and reliability across Mitek Systems' SaaS products suite and critical infrastructure. You will also be responsible for incident/outage management, problem management, and enterprise technology monitoring, critical infrastructure monitoring, health, respond to incidents, break-fix operations, and requests as the first responder.
What You Need (Job Qualifications)
- 5+ years of IT/Development experience including Network Operations Center and 24/7 support
- Experience with Software Change Management, Production Incident Management, Problem Management, System & Application Monitoring and Logging
- Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems administration
- Experience with system and application health monitoring and alerting such as Grafana, Zabbix, ElasticSearch, Nagios, and Kibana
- Working knowledge of basic network and routing concepts
- Experience in a scripting language such as Bash, Python, or Powershell
- Willing to work flexible hours including night and/or swing shifts and to be part of an on-call rotation
What Would Be Nice (Preferred Qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Knowledge of ITIL and COBIT reference frameworks
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers such as AWS
- Event Log Correlation / Security Event & Incident Management
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Experience in operating SaaS
What You'll Do (Job Duties)
- Train and mentor, in a coach/player role, a team of first responders as Application Operations Specialists.
- Monitor and respond to incidents of relating to all Mitek SaaS Products and Critical services.
- Escalate incidents and issues, and take ownership of the escalation process, outside of the Application Operations Team.
- Assist in implementing, modifying, and tuning application monitoring based on Cloud Engineering or Software Engineering recommendations.
- Assist with production deployments and system upgrades.
- Monitor systems and applications to proactively identify problems and perform periodical health checks.
- Communicate problem and incident management updates to impacted business users including action taken to resolve.
- Maintain a knowledge base of common resolution and recovery actions for all critical systems and applications.
- Provide responses to internal customers' trouble, request, or break/fix tickets in a timely fashion and in compliance with NOC standards and Cloud Operations team.
- Create/develop automation or procedures to address incidents or requests
- Assist in development, improvement, and implementation of the processes for Problem and Incident Management consistent with ITIL and COBIT best practices
- Measure & report on production metrics including "Uptime" but not limited to using metrics and SLAs for each technology area monthly
- Establish minimum Runbook requirements for all critical systems and applications and establishes a process to keep Runbooks current
- Provide support for root cause analysis and preventative analysis of incidents.
- Assist leadership in the development of training documents and tutorials.