Mitek, a leader in enabling Intelligent Mobile Imaging applications with CV/ML foundation, is looking for an experienced Computer Vision Engineer to join the Mobile Imaging Platform Team and help drive the software stack/platform to a new level.
This is an exceptional opportunity at a hot growing company in the mobile imaging area. We are changing the way users perform their day-to-day activities through our patented mobile document capture technology. Our global products include Mobile Deposit, Mobile Photo Account Opening, and more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a computer vision engineer you will seek robust solutions to some of the most long-standing recognition problems in machine vision and continuously improve performance of existing algorithms. This role involves extensive research and problem solving that spans a number of areas including computer vision, machine learning, image processing and software engineering. You will work closely with other software engineers, product managers and QA personnel to create high quality and highly performing solutions.
- Strong technical expertise in C++ programming
- Experience implementing algorithms in Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning.
- Build cutting edge computer vison / machine learning systems.
- Professional experiencing in solving computer vision solutions related to image processing, object recognition and classification
- Excellent knowledge of theory and practice of computer vision methods
- Understanding of OOP Concepts and Design Patterns
- Experience with performance and code and memory profiling tools and practices
- Experience with OpenCV and/or other Computer Vision libraries
- Proven experience using scale invariant descriptors, machine learning, high-dimension classifiers, CNN, DNN
- Experience with OCR and document lifecycle management
- Experience with build and configuration tools such as Make, CMake
- Understanding of Multi-threading, concurrency, parallelism and synchronization
- Experience developing systems based on user stories
- Experience leading software design working sessions
- Expertise with unit, integration, and system test paradigms
- Experience with C#/.Net
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
- Comfort and familiarity with producing and writing customer facing documentation
- Proven experience estimating work accurately and driving to defined milestones
Education & Skills:
- MS/PhD in CS/EE, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of work experience in an applied research setting
- Clear and concise communicator; good at setting expectations and raising issues as needed
- Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, and innovative
- Strong team player and positive attitude
- R&D Labs is based in San Diego, CA
Apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.