Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
The Senior SEC Analyst will assist in preparation, review and analysis of quarterly and annual earnings press releases, webcast slides and SEC filings. This individual will coordinate requests from the external auditors on quarterly and annual basis. Assisting in review of FASB updates and benchmarking peer company SEC filings/disclosures.
What You'll Do (Key Responsibilities)
- Assist in preparing the Company’s external financial statements (10-K, 10Q, etc.) in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and SEC guidelines, including footnote disclosures.
- Preparation and review of quarterly earnings release materials, coordinating with various subject matter experts on key deliverables.
- Preparation of supporting schedules underlying the financial information, including cash flows included in our quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Assist with requests from external auditors related to quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Assist with research of FASB updates and SEC filing disclosure research and benchmarking as needed.
- Conduct month-end close activities including, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for technical areas such as restructuring, leases and stock based compensation.
What You Need (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Knowledge and skills typically associated with 5+ years of relevant experience with work papers, financial statement preparation and SEC reporting.
- Public accounting experience.
- Proficiency using disclosure product or other SEC filing software.
Who You Are (Soft Skills/Attributes)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of the organization and with outside personnel.
- Strong analytical and writing skills and ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, but also contribute as a team player.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter and very detail oriented.