Mitek is a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Do you know how to stay ahead of competition with Check Intelligence, by implementing cutting-edge technology that exceeds state-of-the-art limits?
We are growing our Check Deposits R&D (Research & Development) Team, and we are looking for a Sr. researcher, expert in Deep Learning.
The Check Deposits R&D Team is responsible for: ensuring that Check Deposits technology delivers accurate image quality assessment, check layout analysis, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) extraction of printed and handwritten characters, and check fraud detection, and for the development of the new technology generation that will ensure the continuity of our leadership in the market by bringing check processing and fraud detection to the next level.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work with advanced computer vision algorithms and deep learning models that provide state-of-the-art performance on check processing and authentication and develop innovative technology to detect fraud on transactions based on checks.
What we offer you?
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work fully remote (in Spain) or from our Barcelona office.
- An innovative, fast-grown pace environment with a great culture.
- A diverse, inclusive, Agile-native ecosystem where everybody counts.
- Access to continuous training, participation in international conferences, joining our research reading group, and protected time for you to learn and experiment alone or in collaboration with other researchers.
- A compensation package that includes a highly competitive salary + bonus and many perks and benefits.
What will you do?
- Continuous analysis of fraud capture to identify technology gaps.
- Improve and or develop new authenticity detectors to prevent fraud on checks.
- Develop new technologies for check detection and classification.
- Develop new technologies for layout analysis and OCR extraction.
- Support hand-off of the developed technology to final product.
- Document the research done to ensure reproducibility by other researchers.
- Document research results and achievements to stakeholders.
What do you need to fit in this role?
- PhD/MSc degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in document image analysis.
- 2+ years’ experience in object detection.
- 3+ years’ experience on Deep Learning.
- 2+ years’ experience on image processing (low-level processing techniques).
- Excellent Python programming skills
- C++ programming skills.
What would be nice to have? (to be a perfect match)
- Knowledge on computer graphics and rendering.
- Strong background on image forensics.
- Experience detecting fraud on finance.