Mitek is a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Do you know how to develop outstanding image processing and pre-processing algorithms?
We are growing our Check Deposits R&D (Research & Development) Team in Spain and looking for a Senior Researcher in low-level computer vision.
The Check Deposits R&D Team is responsible for: ensuring that Check Deposits technology delivers accurate image quality assessment, check layout analysis, OCR (Optical Character Recognition) extraction of printed and handwritten characters, and check fraud detection, and for the development of the new technology generation that will ensure the continuity of our leadership in the market by bringing check processing and fraud detection to the next level.
As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to work with advanced computer vision algorithms and deep learning models that provide state-of-the-art performance on check processing and authentication and develop innovative technology to detect fraud on transactions based on checks.
What we can offer you?
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work fully remote (in Spain) or from our Barcelona office.
- An innovative, fast-grown pace environment with a great culture.
- A diverse, inclusive, Agile-native ecosystem where everybody counts.
- Access to continuous training, participation in international conferences, joining our research reading group, and protected time for you to learn and experiment alone or in collaboration with other researchers.
- A compensation package that includes a highly competitive salary + bonus and many perks and benefits.
What will you do?
- As an expert in image processing and low-level computer vision with a strong background on document analysis, you will be performing the following tasks:
- Optimize image pre-processing parameters to maximize performance on new check image acquisition scenarios, with special focus on mobile captured images.
- When necessary, enhance or develop new image pre-processing methods, which include tasks as check location and homography correction, binarization, layout analysis and signature detection and segmentation.
- Optimize algorithm implementation for maximize processing speed.
What you need?
- PhD/MSc degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in low-level computer vision and image processing (besides deep learning techniques): binarization, segmentation, blob analysis, mathematical morphology, and others.
- 3+ years’ experience in document image analysis.
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Proven hands-on experience developing image processing and low-level computer vision algorithms.
What would be nice to have? (to be a perfect match)
- Python programming skills.
- Background knowledge on anomality detection methods and statistical modelling.
- Knowledge on one or more machine learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, DLib etc