We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,000 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
At Mitek, we are successfully working 100% from our homes worldwide during this unprecedented time. We will be until such a time that we can ensure the wellbeing of our teams in an office setting. As such, your experience with us from introduction to interview to onboarding will be a virtual one. See the carousel on our Mitek Careers page for our video on Mitek at a distance.
Leveraging our market-leading achievements in our mobile check deposit solutions, we are seeking a proven industry leader to lead the product management lifecycle of Mitek’s Check Fraud Detection Solution from innovation to commercialization. As our Senior Program Manager, you will own the success of our multi-disciplinary efforts tasked with the creation, incubation, and full-production roll-out of a new market offering: Check Fraud Detection Service (CFDS).
On the product development side, you will manage the product roadmap inclusive of requirements definition and backlog oversight. You will drive this product roadmap in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires a relentless focus on delivering high-quality and scalable features with attention to detail supporting critical go-to-market capabilities.
On the marketing side, you will collaborate in the creation of applicable pricing, packaging, sales enablement, and market launch activities. Additionally, as an established industry expert, you will contribute your subject matter expert capabilities in support of the development of go-to-market materials, key account activities, and speaking engagements.
What You’ll Do (Essential Responsibilities)
- Owning the portfolio of CFDS roadmap initiatives
- Obtaining and incorporating customer insights and internal expertise into the product development cycle ensuring feature feasibility and level of effort sizing
- Providing comprehensive oversight on all aspects of the product development lifecycle and release process - owning the delivery of the right features at the right time
- Developing and maintaining user and feature stories with clear product acceptance criteria in a prioritized product development backlog
- Providing an unwavering focus on user experience and scalability
- Owning, evangelizing and championing product goals and roadmap success – stewarding organizational alignment with product development
- Partnering with product and engineering leadership to share best practices and evolve the maturity and scalability of our product management and development methods
- Collaborating with the engineering team through all scrum cycles to provide continuous, iterative feedback and acceptance inspection
- Being an active participant in all Agile review cycles, scrum activities and completion ceremonies
- Ensuring product releases are validated in the market and the right data is collected and synthesized for continued ability to make the right decisions
- Periodic travel (up to 10%) to visit customers and other business-related reasons.
What You Bring (Education/Domain Expertise/Experience)
- B.A. or B.S. degree engineering, marketing or equivalent experience
- Progressive experience driving product decisions with B2B enterprise software product platforms
- Significant domain expertise in check processing and fraud detection within financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience working with Scrum teams in an Agile environment
- Experience communicating and collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven business acumen and prioritization skills with an articulation of best practice techniques
- Experience with defining and managing customer-facing APIs
Who You Are (Soft Skills, Attributes)
- Self-starter, relentlessly organized, experienced product manager with a framework for making priority, release and roadmap trade-off decisions
- Great collaborator across globally diverse, remote workforces
- Great stakeholder communicator – proven experience communicating to a wide range of stakeholders
- Fluid and solid influencer – experience with franchise management and leading members from a wide range of internal groups
- Ability to manage complexity and distill key issues simply and effectively
- Passionate about combining bleeding-edge technology with best practices in Agile and lean – can make the right things happen quickly and with clear plans for delivery
- Excellent planning and execution skills with solid organization and facilitation skills
- Analytical but practical thinker capable of bringing a creative and innovative approach rooted in pragmatic and possible solutions to solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to work within a level of ambiguity – analyze, adapt, learn mindset
- Positive and people-oriented, accompanied with a can-do attitude