We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Mitek's Product Management team is looking for a Senior Software Product Manager to own our rapidly advancing biometrics and authentication product roadmap and collaborate with senior leadership to define and execute our future strategy for these products. This position can be based anywhere in the United States under a virtual work arrangement, or in our San Diego headquarters.
Qualified candidates for this role must have prior experience as a product manager/owner for biometrics and/or authentication software products and services.
In this role, you will be an integral member of Mitek’s global product management organization, responsible for owning Mitek’s biometrics and authentication product roadmap, managing product features, and driving projects to completion in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires a relentless focus on delivering high-quality and scalable features with attention to detail supporting critical go-to-market capabilities. You should be obsessed with both customer and developer experience, and be comfortable communicating plans and status with senior leadership.
This role is an impactful career-advancing move for a software product manager with specific experience in identity-verified authentication or biometric verification technologies. You should be passionate about using data and best practices to drive product innovation from a customer and market-demand perspective. We are a swiftly growing company and the global leader in software solutions for mobile check deposit and digital identity verification.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a software product owner, driving product decisions in a software product organization, within a career of overall related software technology experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working on biometrics and/or authentication software products
- Demonstrated experience working with Scrum teams in an Agile environment
- Experience communicating and collaborating effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven time management and prioritization skills with an articulation of best practice techniques
- Experience with defining and managing customer-facing APIs.
- Familiarity with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) and experience working with PII (Personally Identifiable Information), paired with an understanding of the significance of handling PII
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
What You Have Done
- Been part of a team designing, building, deploying, and maintaining software solutions based on machine learning.
- Product manager for a large-scale platform with a focus on managing multiple stakeholders and owning a roadmap
- Product experience with face comparison or face recognition technology
- Product experience with authentication features such as SSO (single-sign-on), RBAC (role-based access controls), and multi-factor capabilities
- Familiarity with identity and access protocols such as SAML, and OAuth 2.0
What You'll Do At Mitek
- Start with “why”
- Ruthlessly prioritize the backlog of features with clear business partner acceptance criteria and focus on user experience and scalability
- Drive product launches with a cross-functional team, including product marketing, sales engineering, customer success, and production support
- Build support for the product vision with internal business partners and key customers
- Improve business processes and procedures as well as key metrics for success
- Continually report on product performance with supporting data
- Measure and analyze product performance
- Seek out innovation through participation in company-sponsored hackathons
- Meet with customers regularly to understand how to improve the product
- Evangelize product goals and roadmap initiatives – you are a member of the team responsible for creating organizational alignment within product development
- Craft business-friendly release notes for each feature release
- Participate in scrum meetings to communicate feature requirements
- Ensure data is collected and analyzed for product releases to ensure validation in the market
- Partner with technical counterparts to create and maintain alignment between product and technical roadmaps