Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
Mitek is seeking a Senior Counsel to join our Legal team. You will be our counsel providing legal guidance for the planning and execution of our global product development and data privacy compliance efforts as well as reviewing customer and vendor contracts. You'll work with stakeholders across the organization, including product development and engineering. You'll also provide legal counsel to management on the impact of current laws including US and international privacy laws and regulatory requirements, in connection with our product and service offerings.
What you'll do
- Advise on a range of compliance issues, regulations and industry standards with a focus on privacy including biometric privacy laws and regulations, consumer protection, and intellectual property.
- Review and negotiate customer and vendor contracts.
- Advise on the Company’s policies and procedures relating to data collection and usage.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to provide advice consistent with Company’s legal obligations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Coordinate advice with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Tax and others.
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations.
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure business demands are satisfied.
What you bring
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm or in-house experience at a technology company.
- Substantial experience with US and international privacy
- US Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House)
- Relevant technical degree or high level of comfort with technology