Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital identity and digital fraud prevention. Our global platform and advanced identity verification technologies bridge the gap between the physical and digital world, providing our customers with new levels of control over their consumers’ experiences and making digital access faster and more secure than ever. Our solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced licensing, privacy and corporate lawyer/attorney.
As our Senior Legal Counsel, you will report to the General Counsel and will play a key role in supporting Mitek’s EMEA sales organization in structuring, negotiating and drafting complex software licensing and Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements as well as a broad range of other commercial agreements.
You will also play a key role in developing, managing and continuing to improve the Company’s contract administration procedures and supporting various general corporate matters relating to the Company’s operations in EMEA.
This position is eligible for remote work anywhere in the United Kingdom, or voluntarily may be based in our London or Leeds offices.
What will you do? (main responsibilities)
- Provide primary legal support to the Company’s EMEA sales organization, including structuring, negotiating and drafting complex software licensing and SaaS agreements and drafting and negotiating a broad range of other commercial agreements.
- Assist in supporting the Company’s global commercial contracting activities including customer and vendor agreements.
- Assist in developing and managing the Company’s contract administration procedures.
- Provide legal advice on a broad range of legal issues including GDPR and global data privacy regulations.
- Assist with other projects as necessary including general corporate matters.
What do you need to be a good match?
- English law qualified.
- Minimum of 8 (eight) years of experience in progressively senior roles at major law firms and/or corporate in-house legal departments, with direct experience drafting commercial agreements, including complex software licensing and Software as a Service (SaaS) agreements.
- Extensive career experience advising on compliance matters including compliance with GDPR and global data privacy regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and organizational skills.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Excellent judgment and ability to operate independently in a fast-paced, small legal department on a broad range of matters.
What do we offer you?
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work fully remote (in the UK) or from our London office.
- Opportunity to join a successful and growing global Tech company that works with cutting-edge technologies, and be part of a highly qualified international team.
- An innovative, fast-paced environment with a great culture.
- A diverse, inclusive, Agile-native ecosystem where everybody counts.
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities within our company.
- A highly competitive salary plus perks and benefits.