We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Mitek is committed to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. During this current pandemic, our MitekNation team is successfully and productively working full-time from home. Your experience with us - from introduction, to interview, to onboarding - will be conducted virtually.
We are seeking a Senior FP&A Manager to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team. This role can be preferentially based in our San Diego headquarters or anywhere in the United States on a remote/telework basis.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to step up into a highly visible and impactful role to drive valuable business insights and outcomes across our highly complex, dynamic, and data-driven organization. We'll look to you to strengthen Mitek’s analytic and strategic financial capabilities, processes, and workflows. Along with taking ownership of budgeting/forecasting responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to launch or engage on projects related to improving unit economics, pricing/packaging, business case analysis, and supporting the go-to-market teams in structuring deals. The hands-on nature of this role will allow you to directly see the impact and value of your work.
Our FP&A team is incredibly passionate and highly influential to our entire company. You will have the support and collaboration of our FP&A leadership to ensure you are set up with the tools, knowledge, and engagement to execute effectively. You'll succeed with your passion for developing strong business partnerships, effective time/project management, and no reservations about asking questions, speaking up, and taking initiative and ownership of your work. You'll be a vital part of accelerating Mitek up and to the right!
What you need
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a closely related field
- 10+ years of experience in corporate financial forecasting, budgeting, and reporting
- Proven experience with large datasets and managing financial CPM and FP&A software systems/tools
- Proven experience creating, managing operational KPIs to track ongoing performance of the business
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Powerpoint, including proven ability to create complex financial and analytical models
- Proven track record of leading/influencing revenue and cost optimization initiatives
- Proven time management, cross-functional collaboration, and project management experience demonstrated through prior achievements and projects
- Strong understanding of GAAP (software/SaaS revenue recognition a plus)
What would be nice, but not required
- Experience with complex deal structuring (vendor and customer contracts)
- Knowledge of software and SaaS-related KPIs (Churn, LTV, ACV, CAC, etc)
- Experience implementing and/or integration of financial systems and other data sources
- Experience with Planful (Host Analytics)
- Experience with MS Access, BI tools, Tableau, relational databases, and/or SQL
- Experience with CRM applications such as Salesforce
- Experience with M&A due diligence and/or integration
What you'll do
- Lead the development of annual operating plans, including financial projections, operational metrics, strategic initiatives, and consolidations across multiple regions & entities
- Oversee the revenue and OPEX reforecasting process, month/quarter-end reporting and variance analysis, as well as operational and management reporting
- Engage with functional leaders beyond budgeting and planning to become a thought leader and partner with stakeholders to drive favorable business outcomes
- Drive end-to-end financial modeling for vendor/customer deals, new projects, and business initiatives
- Own data governance across multiple sources and systems, ensuring availability and integrity of our financial data infrastructure and assets
- Build and maintain analytics, KPIs, benchmarks, dashboards, and complete ad hoc analysis as required
- Understand Mitek’s market, product, industry KPI’s, and understand which metrics drive performance
- Support our go-to-market teams with pricing/packaging, ROI analyses, and general deal structuring
- Continuously improve our analytical, forecasting, and reporting capabilities