Mitek is a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Mitek is seeking an outstanding Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Analytics team. Mitek has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
Mitek delivers a large-scale, globally distributed cloud platform that relies on large quantities of structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data to deliver new capabilities and derive insights that drive all aspects of our platform delivery. For this reason, we need someone who is technically sharp, a creative problem solver, productive working independently and collaboratively, and has a data-driven mindset.
In this role, you can expect to build large data systems that help us drive advanced analytics for our business. You’ll have a huge impact on how our business operates through building infrastructure to answer questions with data, using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, and recent advances in distributed systems (i.e. MapReduce, NoSQL databases). You will work with Product Managers, Data Analysts, Software Developers, and other business stakeholders across our organization to deliver a variety of stable and performant data feeds and enterprise-level reports used for developing business insights as well as offline machine learning use cases.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a closely related field
- Knowledge and skills typically associated with 5 or more years of experience as a data engineer
- SQL (writing code/hands-on experience at an advanced level)
- Python (writing code/scripting/programming at an advanced level)
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience swirling with AWS including big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, AWS Glue, Kinesis, Lambda for Serverless ETL)
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with analytics tools ( i.e. Tableau, QuickSight)