Have you ever deposited a check using your bank's mobile app, or been prompted to verify your ID with a picture when ordering grocery delivery or reserving a vacation rental? Ever wonder who built the tech behind those features? We did, right here in San Diego!
We’re Mitek, and we're the worldwide industry leader for mobile deposit and identity verification software solutions. Our Mobile Deposit® and Mobile Verify® products, built on our proprietary MiSnap™ mobile-capture SDK, are embedded into the apps of more than 6,500 organizations globally.
Interested yet? Submit your resume and come work with us!
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join our team in downtown San Diego, CA. Through your analysis work at Mitek, you will influence the creation of solutions that impact the development of our machine learning algorithms and identity document recognition tools. You’ll get to work with all of our internal departments (Product, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, etc.) as you collect and process, summarize, and visualize data. We’ll depend on you to deliver critical insights to our engineering teams based on your analysis of the data you gather.
What You'll Do:
- Create and continually improve data sets and reporting processes that can be used by both technical and non-technical colleagues across all operational departments.
- Gather requirements and business group perspectives and productively incorporate those into your analytics processes and reporting.
- Concept, develop, automate, and implement new visualizations and dashboards to augment your data-driven recommendations.
- Deliver key metrics, reports, and dashboards to inform your analyses that will influence decisions on product/customer experience using both predictive and descriptive analytical techniques.
- Deliver key metrics, reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analyses along with your interpretation, contributing to the development of hypotheses and actions.
- Evaluate processes and reports for performance and accuracy.
- Train analysts in other departments on best practices for creating dashboards and using data insights.
What You Need (Skills/Experience)
- 5+ years of data analytics experience in a supporting business role
- 5+ years demonstrated experience using reporting tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, or similar, including experience with building dashboards and data visualizations
- Demonstrated advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including, but not limited to understanding of how to use vlookups, pivot tables, sumifs, countifs, index, match, etc.)
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of statistical concepts, including linear regression, confidence intervals, sampling, hypothesis testing, etc.