Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital identity and digital fraud prevention. Our global platform and advanced identity verification technologies bridge the gap between the physical and digital world, providing our customers with new levels of control over their consumers’ experiences and making digital access faster and more secure than ever. Our solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
Mitek is seeking a Senior Corporate Paralegal to join our US-based Legal team. As our team's corporate paralegal, you will provide support to corporate/securities legal functions, and assist with general corporate/securities compliance matters, including SEC reporting and Board of Directors corporate governance matters.
What you'll do
- Assist with general compliance and corporate governance matters for the company and our international subsidiaries, including obtaining notarizations, apostilles, formation documents and other corporate documents and creation of organization charts and signature matrixes.
- Support all corporate governance processes, including preparation for board of directors and committee meetings and organizing and maintaining all corporate records, including though our electronic board portal
- Manage and respond to requests for information and documents from auditors and finance departments
- Assist with the preparation, distribution and review of directors and officers questionnaires and related party questionnaires
- Assist attorneys with preparing quarterly, annual and other securities filings (8-K, 10-Q, 10-K, proxy statement, etc.)
- Collaborate cross functionally, including with the equity, finance, and tax teams
- Assist and support transactions
What you bring
- 5+ years of experience working in an internationally/nationally-recognized law firm representing public companies or in-house legal department at a public company
- Bachelors degree or Paralegal Certificate