HooYu, a Mitek company, is a global customer onboarding and Know Your Customer (KYC) specialist. Our client base covers both regulated and non-regulated sectors across the UK and international marketplace, and a variety of customer sizes from start-ups through to multi-national organisations.
Our unparalleled, market-leading approach to successful customer onboarding and the integrity of our KYC processes means we’re trusted by Tier 1 banks such as NatWest and Virgin Money, as well as other leading financial service providers, FinTechs, and online gaming firms such as Betfred and Tombola.
The HooYu platform blends ID document validation, online profile analysis, geo-location, open banking and facial biometrics with traditional database checks and PEPS & sanctions screening to offer a complete solution to help businesses know who they are dealing with. All of this technology is combined with smart UI & UX features to help our clients maximise the success of their customer account opening journey.
HooYu was recently acquired by Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in digital identity verification and fraud prevention based in San Diego, California. With offices all across the US and Europe, and an unparalleled, powerful identity and onboarding platform behind you, it is a hugely exciting time to join the company.
Are you a skilled Cloud Systems engineer eager to join our ambitious and expanding Development and Operations team?
We are looking for an engineer to join our fast-growing business in HooYu (part of Mitek Systems).
You will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting the software infrastructure and systems configuration that supports the development, testing and delivery of our online identity verification product and related auxiliary systems, working closely with the development team and IT, where product delivery systems touch operational office systems.
You will also work with the Information Security, Data Privacy and Compliance Team to ensure the security and integrity of our systems, processes and data and with the development team to test, debug, tune and streamline our development/production infrastructures.
You will participate in scalable and resilient systems design, as well as problem diagnostics and performance optimization. You will assist in configuring and maintaining the live systems, patching, and updating our application, web and database servers whilst ensuring the stability of the platform is maintained.
What will you do?
- Continuously improve the global cloud infrastructure in order to easily deploy, scale, secure, and build fault-tolerant systems.
- Build and innovate tools and automation to replace manual operational processes, such as configuration and deployment.
- Implementation of system and service telemetry to enable improvements in reliability and availability.
- Respond to production issues, participate in an on-call schedule, and drive production operational excellence.
- Provide build and deployment automation support (CI/CD).
- Ensuring system security through understanding and execution of industry best practices.
- Development of deep insight into application and service performance.
- Work with engineering teams on product development and resolution of issues related to application configuration, deployment, and performance.
- Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
- Assist in driving alignment with AWS best practices.
- Compliance with company policies, standards and procedures.
What do you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps and Cloud technologies
- Solid and successful background participating in architecture, automation, and infrastructure designs and decisions for cloud workloads.
- Deep Experience with Amazon Web Services in a production environment including EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, ELB, CloudWatch, Lambda.
- Experience using and developing infrastructure as code frameworks and tooling, with Docker and related tooling and infrastructure at scale. Also Strong debugging and diagnostic skills.
- Experience in maintaining and managing production environments at scale.
- Linux expertise in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with operational monitoring tools for dashboarding, alerting, metrics, and logs
- Use of common programming languages to develop automated solutions
- Experience with software development infrastructure and tools for source control and artifact management
- Strong system optimization skills across all platform layers, working in secure, high availability environments.
- Good knowledge and experience of Web Servers Administration (Apache and Tomcat) and builds, PostgreSQL and SQL queries and file systems such as NFS, Ceph, etc.
What would be nice to have?
- Experience working in an ISO 27001 compliant environment.
- The ability to test new technologies and analyse their feasibility to be integrated into the existing
- Experience in a Kanban/Scrum operational environment.
- Usage of ECS/EKS, Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, or Ansible.
- Expert at Bash, Python, or Go.
- Experience with Jenkins and Gitlab.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) systems.
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch and Graylog.
- Background in Network, Storage, DNS, DHCP, routing, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, IPSEC.
- Experience supporting databases including backup and recovery procedures such as PostgreSQL,
- AWS Certified.