Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital identity and digital fraud prevention. Our global platform and advanced identity verification technologies bridge the gap between the physical and digital world, providing our customers with new levels of control over their consumers’ experiences and making digital access faster and more secure than ever. Our solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
We're looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our global cloud operations team, to help us scale, maintain, and improve our SaaS products.
Your initial mission will be focused on our internal Machine Learning infrastructure and operations initiative to help our organization streamline its Data and AI lifecycle.
You'll work alongside our internal engineering teams to design, architect, and automate cloud-based products, and support internal or customer-facing production infrastructure and systems. You'll develop tools and strategies for deployment, testing, monitoring, and automation to support Mitek’s goal to create best-in-class cloud-based products.
You should bring experience in infrastructure as code, configuration management, monitoring, metrics, and tools development for enterprise software, systems, and cloud operations. You should have a solid and successful background in infrastructure architecture and automation in serverless cloud environments. Some background in software development is a plus.
You should have great communication skills, apply skills creatively, have the passion to automate everything, be customer-oriented, and have a deep sense of ownership. A proven track record of designing, developing, and maintenance of dependable, mission-critical systems and products is a must.
What will you do?
- Continuously improve the global cloud infrastructure in order to easily deploy, scale, secure, and build fault-tolerant systems.
- Build and innovate tools and automation to replace manual operational processes, such as configuration and deployment.
- Implementation of system and service telemetry to enable improvements in reliability and availability.
- Respond to production issues, participate in an on-call schedule, and drive production operational excellence.
- Provide build and deployment automation support (CI/CD).
- Ensuring system security through understanding and execution of industry best practices.
- Development of deep insight into application and service performance.
- Work with engineering teams on product development and resolution of issues related to application configuration, deployment, and performance.
- Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
What do you need to bring? (to be a good fit)
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or a related field.
- Skills and abilities typically associated with 4 or more years of experience in DevOps and Cloud technologies.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English as a primary professional language.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services in a production environment including EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, ELB, and CloudWatch.
- Experience with Serverless architectures in AWS including Lambdas/ DynamoDB/ EventBridge/ SNS/ SQS/Batch.
- Experience using and developing infrastructure as code.
- Expert at Bash and Python.
- Experience with Docker and related tooling and infrastructure at scale.
- Experience in maintaining and managing production environments at scale.
- Experience with operational monitoring tools for dashboarding, alerting, metrics, and logs.
- Experience with software development infrastructure and tools for source control and artifact management.
What do we offer you?
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work fully remote (in Spain) or from our Barcelona office.
- Opportunity to join a successful and growing global Tech company that works with cutting-edge technologies, and be part of a highly qualified international team.
- An innovative, fast-paced environment with a great culture.
- A diverse, inclusive, Agile-native ecosystem where everybody counts.
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities within our company.
- A highly competitive salary plus perks and benefits.