We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,500 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
At Mitek, we are successfully working 100% from our homes worldwide during this unprecedented time. We will be until such a time that we can ensure the wellbeing of our teams in an office setting. As such, your experience with us from introduction to interview to onboarding will be a virtual one. See the carousel on our Mitek Careers page for our video on Mitek at a distance.
Mitek is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our global CloudOps team working out of our downtown San Diego office. In this position, you will help scale, maintain, and improve our best-in-class SaaS products, developing tools and strategies for deployment, testing, monitoring and automating to support and enhance Mitek's products.
You should have experience driving architecture, automation, and cloud-based and on-premise infrastructure, and a passion for automating everything; and come with experience in infrastructure as code, configuration management, monitoring, metrics, and tools development for enterprise software, systems, and cloud operations.
What You’ll Do
- Continuously improve the global cloud infrastructure in order to easily deploy, scale, secure, and build fault-tolerant.
- Build and innovate tools or automation to replace operating manual processes, deployment, and operational tasks.
- Implementation of system and service telemetry to improve reliability and availability.
- Respond to production issues and drive the production to excellence.
- Provide build and deployment automation support (CI/CD).
- Ensuring system security through industry best practices
- Execution of security best practices for cloud deployments
- Development of deep insight into application and service performance
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Work with engineering teams on product development and resolving issues related to application configuration, deployment, or debug.
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and implement repeatable solutions.
- Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact.
- Respond to production issues and participate in an on-call schedule.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years experience in DevOps and Cloud technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services in a production environment including EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, IAM, ELB, DynamoDB, CloudWatch
- Expert in Windows and Linux in an enterprise production environment
- Experience with Docker and related infrastructure at scale
- Ability to script using languages such as Bash, Python, and Go
- Experience in implementing and maintaining Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience of development infrastructure and tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and Git
- Background in Network, Storage, DNS, DHCP, routing, TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, IPSEC
- Experience with operational monitoring tools such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Zabbix, Prometheus.
- Experience in operational automation and self-service infrastructures such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or Packer
- Experience using configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
What Would be Nice
- Experience supporting databases including backup and recovery procedures such as MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with Automation tools such as RunDeck
- AWS Certified