We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,500 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
As a member of the Mitek Systems Global Cloud Operations team, you will help scale, maintain, and improve our SaaS products, by driving design, architecture, automation, and infrastructure on cloud-based products, and to support production. This will include developing tools and strategies for deployment, testing, monitoring, and automating to support Mitek Systems' goal to create the best-in-class cloud-based products. Do you have the passion to automate everything and experience in infrastructure as code, configuration management, monitoring, metrics, and tools development for enterprise software, systems, and cloud operations? If so, this is the job for you!
· Continuously improve the global cloud infrastructure in order to easily deploy, scale, secure, and build fault-tolerant.
· Build and innovate tools or automation to replace operating manual processes, deployment, and operational tasks.
· Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
· Respond to production issues and drive the production to excellence.
· Implement and improve monitoring and analytics to get better visibility to environments and applications.
· Work with engineering teams on product development and resolving issues related to application configuration, deployment, or debug.
· Provide build and deployment automation support (CI/CD).
· Work cross-functionally with various teams to drive amazing results.
· Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions.
· Design automated systems management solutions with self-repair as the goal.
· Create processes that enhance operation workflow and provide positive customer impact.
· Respond to production issues and participate in on-call schedule.
Who you are
- Excellent communicator paired with passion for the work, the ability to think outside the box, customer orientation, and a sense of ownership.
- Meticulously detail oriented, accompanied by a data-driven, strategic mindset, and excellent, logical and creative troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Able to summarize complex issues simply and effectively
- Planning, organization, and facilitation skills
- A self-starter, with relentless curiosity and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up team-focused culture within a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous requirements, adapt, and learn
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with the ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group)
What you need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, accompanied by 8+ years of relevant experience.
- 4+ years of experience in DevOps and Cloud technologies.
- Solid and successful background driving architect, automation, and infrastructure on cloud and on premise.
- Proven track record of designing, developing, and maintaining dependable, mission-critical systems and products.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and practices.
- Expert in Linux and Windows in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services in production environment including EC2, VPC, S3. RDS, IAM, ELB, DynamoDB, CloudWatch.
- Experience with containerization practices (Docker, Consul, AWS ECS, and relate infrastructure)
- Knowledge of continuous Integration and delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in maintaining development infrastructure and tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Git)
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Bash or Python.
- An understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g. protocols, routing, switching, VLAN, filtering, firewall rules, VPN, encryptions, etc.).
- Experience using configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation.
- Experience with operational monitoring tools such as ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana, Zabbix, Prometheus.
- Experience in operational automation and self-service infrastructure.
- Experience with application load balancers.
- Experience supporting databases including backup and recovery procedures such as MySQL, MongoDB, preferred.
- Experience with Automation tools such as RunDeck, preferred
- Knowledge of continuous Integration and delivery (CI/CD), preferred.