We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,500 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
At Mitek, we are successfully working 100% from our homes worldwide during this unprecedented time. We will be until such a time that we can ensure the wellbeing of our teams in an office setting. As such, your experience with us from introduction to interview to onboarding will be a virtual one. See the carousel on our Mitek Careers page for our video on Mitek at a distance.
Mitek Systems, a global leader in mobile image capture for digital identity proofing and check deposit, is looking for an experienced Senior Android engineer who possesses a passion for pushing technology to its limits to join our cross-functional development delivery team in San Diego. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design, integrate, and enhance customer-facing applications that use the latest versions of our mobile imaging SDKs and demonstrate best practices.
What You'll Do
- Design, code, unit test, and automate the UI testing of customer-facing mobile applications which integrate with our web services
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and researchers
- Follow Agile/Scrum processes, such as daily stand-ups, refinements, planning, and retrospectives
- Present your work in front of stakeholders at sprint reviews
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- 5+ years of experience in Native Android development
- Experience with Enterprise Application development and maintenance.
- Highly proficient with Java
- Proficient with Android Studio
- Proficient at writing clean, maintainable code
- Strong knowledge of writing unit tests
- Strong knowledge of version control best practices (especially with Git)
- Demonstrated success integrating SDKs and building customer-facing apps, and/or published one or more Android apps in the Google Play App Store
What Would Be Nice
- Experience with version control (GIT)
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of other mobile development technologies and platforms
- Experience with iOS Development
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience conducting usability studies