Mitek, a leader in enabling mobile applications with Image Capture, is looking for an experienced Sr. Android Developer to join the Mitek Mobile Development Team. One that possess a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and work with our team of software engineers to design and build the next generations of our mobile imaging SDKs and applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Android Developer will be responsible for the design, documentation, coding, and unit testing of SDKs and mobile applications which integrate with our web services via our server side technologies. The Android Developer will work closely with other senior engineers, Product Managers and QA personnel in our Agile Scrum framework.
Required Android Experience:
- 3-5+ years of experience in Android mobile application software development
- Familiarity with Android API Level 14
- Experience with Android Studio IDE
- Experience with implementing a universal application for smartphones and tablets
- Experience with Fragments & their lifecycle, bitmap manipulation, and memory management
- Understanding of multi-threading, concurrency, and synchronization
- Proficient in the use of SCM tools (Git)
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology and developing systems based on user stories
- Comfort and familiarity with producing and writing customer facing documentation
- Proficient in using Android memory profiling tools and practices
- Published one or more Android apps in the App Store, or developed an SDK
- Expertise with unit, integration, and system test paradigms
Education & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Excellent time management skills and able to efficiently shift priorities
- Clear and concise communicator; good at setting expectations and raising issues as needed
- Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, and innovative
- Strong team player and positive attitude
Apply today by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.