Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
The SEC Reporting Manager will participate in external financial reporting, internal reporting, and technical accounting. Primary responsibilities include preparation of Form 10-K/10-Q, Forms 3 & 4, 8-K and internal financial reporting, as well as preparation of local statutory financial statements where required. In addition, this role will be responsible for researching and analyzing technical accounting matters including share-based compensation, lease accounting, business combinations and other complex accounting topics. The role will collaborate closely with GL Accounting, Tax, FP&A, Legal, HR, and other operational departments within the Company to understand and proactively review and provide guidance to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results.
- Prepare draft SEC reporting and processes, including but not limited to the preparation of Form 10-K/10-Q, 8-K filings, Forms 3 & 4 and internal reporting.
- Perform technical accounting research, analysis, documentation, and enablement of significant or complex accounting matters.
- Utilize effective controls around SEC reporting, internal reporting and technical accounting processes.
- Facilitate the review of Financial Statements with external auditors, the Executive Leadership Team, and other operational leaders as needed.
- Prepare accounting entries for complex matters, including but not limited to acquisition accounting, stock compensation expense, restructuring and lease accounting.
- Prepare draft responses for audits and reviews.
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and serve as a key business partner with GL Accounting, Tax, FP&A, Legal and HR to ensure that all transactions are properly reflected in the financial statements.
- Recommend the implementation of processes and/or system improvements related to reporting and technical accounting as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, with emphasis in accounting, finance or related field.
- Knowledge and skills typically associated with 8+ years of relevant accounting and reporting experience.
- Proficient technical accounting skills and thorough understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Experience with the application and adoption of new accounting standards.
- Public accounting experience.
- Experience using Wdesk or other SEC reporting software.
- Relevant experience in SaaS environment.
- Global public company experience.
- Proficiency with NetSuite (or other cloud-based general ledger system).
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships across all levels of the organization and with outside personnel.
- Strong analytical and writing skills and ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, but also contribute as a team player.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter, impeccable attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
$150,000 - $180,000 a year
We are proud to offer competitive salary ranges aligned to industry standards. Please note that our ranges are representative and individual compensation specifics may vary based upon experience level, professional competencies and geographic differentials.