We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Our future of work is about enabling a smarter, faster, and happier workforce regardless of work location. Whether you prefer to work from a Mitek office or a remote location of your choosing, we'll provide you with the digital excellence, supporting systems & tools, and communication transparency that allows you to do your best, most collaborative work.
This position can be remote in the United States or onsite in our downtown San Diego, California headquarters.
Mitek is rapidly expanding and seeking a talented, passionate Sales Engineer to join our Pre-Sales team in the United States. This is a remote/telework position for a candidate preferably based in the Pacific or Mountain US time zones.
Our Sales Engineering team focuses on acquiring new customers for our industry-leading Mobile Verify® product through expert product knowledge and building strong partnerships with our Sales team.
As a member of our Sales Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for partnering up with the Sales Team to win deals and acquire new customers. Along this exciting journey you’ll be involved early in the process, forming relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers to understand their motivations for Digital Identify Verification and pain points in their current process. Educating, positioning, and creative solution selling on how Mitek will solve their pain will be your task at hand. As you conclude the evaluation and secure the technical win, you’ll work with others in the Go-To-Market Team to prepare the customer for customer onboarding.
What you need
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in a sales engineering, solutions engineering, or technical consultant position
- Strong working experience with SaaS, web-based, and enterprise application architectures, including infosec issues
- Knowledge of client-server and server-server architecture, communication protocols, and security experience
- Expert knowledge of web service technologies (REST/JSON), SDKs, and API usage and integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
What would be nice to have, but not required
- Experience with technical selling to financial services, FinTech, and modern marketplace/gig economy companies
- Experience in the Identity, Fraud, and/or Risk industry domains
- Prior experience developing/managing native (Android/iOS) or mobile web applications
What you'll do
- Become an expert with Mitek’s product suite at a precise technical level
- Educate customers on Mitek product offerings, integration techniques, and best practices
- Confidently deliver effective presentations and demos tailored to a solution based selling strategy
- Contribute and coordinate RFIs and RFPs with quality responses
- Lead discussions related to technical requirements, potential use cases, and success criteria
- Understand the customer’s pain points to effectively apply solution selling
- Ensure that product evaluations (POCs) and pilots will have a high chance of success
- Collaborate with internal/external teams to develop robust system solutions
- Accurately scope out and communicate the project requirements and implementation efforts to the customer and to others on the Go-To-Market team
- Support and assist customers with hands-on end-to-end troubleshooting when issues arise
- Capture and provide valuable customer feedback for product improvements
- Participate in internal technical testing of new products to assist the Product team with feedback about performance
Who you are
- Self-starter with a strategic mindset
- Willing to share best practices and learn new skills and approaches from colleagues
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused culture
- Remains highly organized and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Logical and creative in problem-solving
- Decisive mindset with an ability to thoroughly analyze a customer's portfolio and business use case and decide if they will be successful with our product, and a right fit for our partnership
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent project management skills – demonstrated planning, organization, and facilitation, paired with strong attention to detail and schedule awareness; skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong communicator, in written, oral, and in-person formats, with the ability to share and communicate ideas to people at various levels within customer organizations in a clear and concise manner
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group)
- Ability to summarize complex issues simply and effectively