Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
Mitek is rapidly expanding and seeking an experienced, passionate Sales Engineer to join our Pre-Sales team in the United States.
Our Sales Engineering team focuses on acquiring new customers for our industry-leading MiVIP, Mobile Verify, and MiPass products through expert product knowledge and building strong partnerships with our Sales team.
As a member of our Sales Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for partnering up with the Sales Team to win deals and acquire new customers. Along this exciting journey you’ll be involved early in the process, forming relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers to understand their motivations for Digital Identity Verification and pain points in their current process. Educating, positioning, and creative solution selling on how Mitek will solve their pain will be your task at hand. As you conclude the evaluation and secure the technical win, you’ll work with others in the Go-To-Market Team to prepare the customer for customer onboarding.
What you need
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in a sales engineering, solutions engineering, or technical consultant position
- Strong working experience with SaaS, web-based, and enterprise application architectures, including infosec issues
- Knowledge of client-server and server-server architecture, communication protocols, and security experience
- Expert knowledge of web service technologies (REST/JSON), SDKs, and API usage and integration
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
What would be nice to have, but not required
- Experience with technical selling to financial services, FinTech, and/or modern marketplace/gig economy companies
- Experience in the Identity, Fraud, and/or Risk industry domains
- Prior experience developing/managing native (Android/iOS) or mobile web applications
What you'll do
- Become an expert with Mitek’s product suite at a precise technical level
- Educate customers on Mitek product offerings, integration techniques, and best practices
- Confidently deliver effective presentations and demos tailored to a solution based selling strategy
- Contribute and coordinate RFIs and RFPs with quality responses
- Lead discussions related to technical requirements, potential use cases, and success criteria
- Understand the customer’s pain points to effectively apply solution selling
- Ensure that product evaluations (POCs) and pilots will have a high chance of success
- Collaborate with internal/external teams to develop robust system solutions
- Accurately scope out and communicate the project requirements and implementation efforts to the customer and to others on the Go-To-Market team
- Support and assist customers with hands-on end-to-end troubleshooting when issues arise
- Capture and provide valuable customer feedback for product improvements
- Participate in internal technical testing of new products to assist the Product team with feedback about performance
Who you are
- Self-starter with a strategic mindset
- Willing to share best practices and learn new skills and approaches from colleagues
- Thrives in a fast-paced, team-focused culture
- Remains highly organized and adaptable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Logical and creative in problem-solving
- Decisive mindset with an ability to thoroughly analyze a customer's portfolio and business use case and decide if they will be successful with our product, and a right fit for our partnership
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent project management skills – demonstrated planning, organization, and facilitation, paired with strong attention to detail and schedule awareness; skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong communicator, in written, oral, and in-person formats, with the ability to share and communicate ideas to people at various levels within customer organizations in a clear and concise manner
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group)
- Ability to summarize complex issues simply and effectively
$120,000 - $140,000 a year
We are proud to offer competitive salary ranges aligned to industry standards. Please note that our ranges are representative and individual compensation specifics may vary based upon experience level, professional competencies and geographic differentials.