As a member of our Sales Engineering team, you’ll be responsible for partnering up with the Sales Team to win deals and acquire new customers. Along this exciting journey you’ll be involved early in the process, forming relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers to understand their motivations for Identify Verification and pain points in their current process. Educating, positioning, and creative solution selling on how Mitek will solve their pain will be your task at hand. As you conclude the evaluation and secure the technical win, you’ll work with others in the Go-To-Market Team to prepare the customer for customer onboarding.
What you will do
- Become an expert with Mitek’s product suite at a precise technical level
- Educate customers on Mitek product offerings, integration techniques, and best practices
- Confidently deliver effective presentations and demos tailored to a solution based selling strategy
- Contribute and coordinate RFIs and RFPs with quality responses
- Lead discussions related to technical requirements, potential use cases, and success criteria
- Understand the customer’s pain points to effectively apply solution selling
- Ensure that product evaluations (POCs) and pilots will have a high chance of success
- Collaborate with internal/external teams to develop robust system solutions
- Accurately scope out and communicate the project requirements and implementation efforts to the customer and to others on the Go-To-Market team
- Support and assist customer with hands-on end-to-end troubleshooting when issues arise
- Capture and provide valuable customer feedback for product improvements
- Participate in internal technical testing of new products to assist Product team with feedback about performance.
Who you are
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial, strategic open mindset
- Thrives in a fast-paced team-focused culture and adapts to a changing environment
- Remains highly organized in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Logical and creative in problem-solving
- Decisive mindset with ability to thoroughly analyze a customer's portfolio and business use case and decide if they will be successful with our product, and a right fit for our partnership.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent project management skills – demonstrated planning, organization, and facilitation, paired with a strong attention to detail and schedule awareness; skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong communicator, in written, oral, and in-person formats, with the ability to share and communicate ideas to people at various levels within customer organizations in a clear and concise manner
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Ability to manage and influence others (both within and outside your own direct work-group)
- Ability to summarize complex issues simply and effectively
- Model Mitek’s values of Delivering, Learning and Caring.
What you need
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in similar role, solutions engineer, or technical consultant
- Excellent customer presentation skills, able to adapt to executive, business and technical audiences
- Ability to work as a team player and work well with others
- Familiar with SaaS, web-based and enterprise application architectures, including infosec issues
- Knowledge of client-server, server-server architecture, communication protocols, and security experience
- Strong knowledge of web service technologies (REST/JSON)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
What would be nice
- Experience with technical selling in the financial services domain.
- Experience with the domain of risk and fraud management.
- Prior experience developing/managing native or mobile web applications (Android/iOS)
- Knowledge of mobile landscape and/or Identity/Fraud/Risk industry