HooYu, a Leeds-based UK company, was recently acquired by Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK), a global leader in digital identity and digital fraud prevention. Together, we've created the most powerful and robust global KYC orchestration platform on the market, the Mitek Verified Identity Platform (MiVIP). MiVIP brings together HooYu's global customer onboarding and Know Your Customer services with Mitek's leading-edge research and development in image capture, document validation, and biometric recognition technologies. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
Ready to take a step forward in your career ad a QA software engineer?
Now you can join our amazing QA European team, working remotely in UK or form our London office.
Your mission will be to assist the technical team in maintaining a high level of system quality in terms of errors, bugs, reliability and performance, as well as supporting the enforcement of compliance with company test policy, technical and procedural standards.
You will have primary responsibility for the development, maintenance and operation of QA test automation, and for training less experienced QA personnel in that activity. You will also assist in driving effective Quality Assurance (QA) for the technical systems and processes that support the company’s product development and delivery.
This is a hands-on role with future leadership potential that will involve the testing processes to be followed for all phases of the system development and release lifecycle, as well as assisting in operational process monitoring and enforcement in close cooperation with the Compliance team. QA responsibilities will include testing systems before and after live promotion, understanding specifications, writing documents, creating manual test scripts, and delivery of all test activities throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC). The nature of the product delivery platforms involved dictates that all QA testers be comfortable with both automated and manual test activities.
What will you do?
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining test cases and automation scripts, working closely with QA, Product and Development teams to understand requirements.
- Provide effective contribution to requirement definitions through an understanding of technical and product limitations.
- Ownership of assigned tasks and deliverables to expand or improve the current automation framework, working alongside technical leaders.
- Manage existing framework and extend current automation scripts, ability to build new suites of automation tests with modern technologies that suit business needs.
- Ability to always implement best practices regarding test automation strategy, planning automation scripts and tool selection for the task at hand.
- Oversee the implementation of automation scripts from test to live environments.
- Assist in release cycle process regarding manual testing, signoff of tasks fulfilling QA process, writing complete test cases and bug reporting.
- Compliance with company policies, standards and processes and assisting in the monitoring and enforcement of same.
What do your need to bring? (to be a good fit for this role)
- Educated to degree level, ideally an IT or computing degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in selenium automation.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively between individuals and teams in a positive and patient manner.
- Ability to solve complex problems, and provide strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of Object-oriented programming language, java highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience in framework development, previously built one framework from scratch.
- Hands-on experience in CI/CD integration.
- Experience in cloud services testing frameworks, such as Browser Stack, Sauce Labs or Lambda Test.
- Experience with REST assured / Postman.
- Experience using tools such as IntelliJ, Jenkins, and repositories of code using Gitlab or equivalent.
- Experience in Agile and knowledge of Kanban methodologies
- Strong manual testing skills, with an understanding of Acceptance, Regression, End to End and Exploratory testing
- Understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and STLC (Software test life cycle) standard processes and industry best practices
- Ability to produce clear and reproducible bug reports regarding manual and automation activities
What would be nice to have? (for a perfect match)
- Experience setting up Eclipse to be configured with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in testing web/mobile-based applications.
- Experience with web application development.
- Knowledge of OWASP secure coding standard.
- Experience working in an ISO 27001 certified development environment.
- ISEB foundation certification will be advantageous.
What do we offer you?
- Flexible hours and the possibility to work fully remote (in the UK) or from our London office.
- Opportunity to join a successful and growing global Tech company that works with cutting-edge technologies, and be part of a highly qualified international team.
- An innovative, fast-paced environment with a great culture.
- A diverse, inclusive, Agile-native ecosystem where everybody counts.
- Access to continuous learning and development opportunities within our company.
- A highly competitive salary plus perks and benefits.