You will be an integral member of Mitek’s global product management organization, responsible for managing the product backlog, defining requirements and driving product roadmap in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This role requires relentless focus on delivering an amazing user experience via mobile/web technology and attention to detail supporting critical go-to-market sales enablement tools. This role is based in Barcelona, Spain and reports to product leadership in San Diego (HQ).
What you will do
- Own and define product roadmap for a suite of sales enablement and demonstration tools
- Combine internal and external customer feedback with development team feasibility and sizing – this role owns making sure the details of each release are delivering the right features at the right time
- Develop and maintain user stories with clear product acceptance criteria in a prioritized product backlog while focusing on usability and user experience
- Own, evangelize and communicate the product vision – you are the global champion of this toolset
- Partner with technical leadership, architects, and other Mitek product owners to achieve business results
- Be present in all scrum ceremonies as well as available to scrum team for continuous feedback on iterations and to inspect the product development work for acceptance
- Ensure product releases are validated in the market and the right data is collected and synthesized for continued ability to make the right decisions
- Periodic travel (up to 20%) to other Mitek sites in Europe with a bi-annual trip to San Diego
Who you are
- Self-starter, relentlessly organized, has experience with managing a product backlog and making tough calls with respect to priority, release and/or roadmap decisions
- Great communicator - experience communicating to key stakeholders and influencing/leading members from a wide range of internal groups
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Spanish with previous experience working working in a multi-national, multi-timezone company
- Passionate about combining bleeding edge technology with best practices in agile and lean – can make the right things happen quickly and with clear plans for delivery
- Excellent planner, with solid organization and facilitation skills
- An analytical thinker capable of creative and innovative approaches to solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguous requirements, adapt, and learn
- Positive and people-oriented, acoompanied with an energetic attitude and excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
What you need
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of experience driving product decisions in a software product organization, within a career of overall related experience, including previous product launched and leadership role therein.
- Previous experience developing mobile apps for iOS and Android as well as HTML5 and responsive web applications
- Demonstrated experience working with Scrum teams in an Agile environment
- Experience communicating and collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proven time management and prioritization skills with articulation of best practice techniques
What would be nice
- Familiarity with GDPR and experience working with PII (Personally Identifiable Information), paired with an understanding of the significance of handling PII
- Experience working with SDKs.
- Experience with creating backend services that work with front-end apps.
- Experience with white labeling applications for customers.
- Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification preferred; (or willingness to obtain)