Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
Mitek is seeking a results-oriented Principal Financial Analyst, Revenue to track our revenue performance over time, determine trends to increase our revenue in a cost-effective manner, and liaise with accounting on our revenue cycle procedures. The successful Principal Financial Analyst, Revenue will possess sound knowledge of quantitative data analysis and experience in software of a related high technology industry. This individual will be the subject matter expert (SME) for all things revenue and will also play a key role in the preparation and development of the annual operating plan, the long-term strategic plan, and recurring in-year financial forecasts. This individual will also be involved in preparing financial reporting packages that are delivered to executive management and the Board of Directors and will provide ad hoc analytic support to the organization as needed. The Principal Financial Analyst, Revenue will be someone whose expertise translates into informed recommendations to improve our revenue cycle and business decisions that optimize revenue income.
What You'll Do (Key Responsibilities)
- Own and maintain the group revenue forecast process, systems/models.
- Deliver frequent revenue-related reports and insights to the management team.
- Assist with quarterly and long-term revenue and transactions forecasting.
- Work with global sales leaders on continuous improvement of the forecasting process.
- Support monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages to executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the management and maintenance the company’s budgeting and forecasting system.
- Actively drive the revenue-related workstreams in the development of the annual operating plan and subsequent forecasting cycles.
- Partner with marketing and sales teams to develop and track operational and sales metrics to drive decision making.
- Prepare and deliver monthly and quarterly budget variance analysis for revenue by product and by customer where relevant.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Assist with the documentation of policies and procedures for the Finance department.
- Perform value added ad-hoc analyses and special projects as required.
- Keep abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in revenue cycle management.
What You Bring (Key Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- Knowledge and skills typically associated with 8 – 12 years’ experience in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting or Accounting.
- Detailed understanding of revenue recognition, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel including ability to create complex financial and analytical models (using pivot tables, v-lookup, other complex formulas).
- Advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with ERP systems (NetSuite preferably).
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting software (Planful preferably but all planning systems experience is a benefit).
- Requires working knowledge of relevant CRM systems (Salesforce.com or similar).
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and relational databases.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, financial statements, and monthly/quarterly accounting processes.
- Experience working in a cloud software (SaaS) company.
- Experience with NetSuite considered a plus.
- Experience working in a publicly traded company.
- Solid understanding of sales operations and metrics within a SaaS environment (ACV, TCV, ARR/MRR, Churn, Customer acquisitions costs, etc.)
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Superb analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Advanced time-management and organizational skills.