We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,500 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
Mitek's Finance division is seeking an SEC Reporting Manager for an immediate opening. In this role, you will report to the VP, Corporate Controller and will be responsible for the financial reporting function of the company. This position involves the preparation and filing of all external reporting requirements required by GAAP and the SEC, including the 10K, 10-Q and 8-K, as well as researching technical accounting issues. You will also support quarterly reviews and the annual audit and management reports; research, interpret and implement accounting issues and new standards, as well as work on various finance projects.
This position will begin work remotely and will transition to in-office in our downtown San Diego headquarters in 2021.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA Required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of public accounting experience
- Excellent understanding of US GAAP and SEC Reporting requirements
- XBRL tagging knowledge
What Would Be Nice
- Experience working with Workiva, NetSuite, Equity Edge
What You'll Do
- Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and manage the internal and external review for these documents
- Support the external auditors' audit/reviews of SEC filings, as required
- Evaluate accounting treatment for significant/complex revenue agreements for compliance with ASC 606
- Read and interpret accounting guidance and write memos on technical accounting topics
- Own the completion of the quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists
- Manage accounting for stock-based compensation for compliance with ASC 718
- Assist with the preparation or review of stock-based compensation accounting, earnings per share and other equity accounting analyses, reconciliations, and journal entries for month-end close
- Support month end and year end closing
- Review financial information included in the company's external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and releases