As our onsite IT Support Specialist you will be responsible for the regional implementation, maintenance and administration of Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh server systems and desktops. This a contract position of 3-6 months.
What you will do
- Provide tier-1 support to regional staff for all office related software and hardware issues
- Assist in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support
- Implement, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing and new Microsoft Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Integrate user workstations, including Mac workstations, with Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Active Directory.
- Confer with programmers, analysts, systems administrators, and users regarding current and prospective system changes and future needs.
- Provide support to site-managed technical staff regarding system administration and usage.
- Assists efforts of colleagues who are involved in diagnosing and correcting system related failures and performing system management activities; helps determine logical solutions to complex system administration and application problems with administrators at other locations
What you need
- Associate’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field, accompanied by 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience (two years of relevant experience with Microsoft Windows server, desktop and Macintosh operating systems, Active Directory, Group Policies and TCP/IP networking may be substituted for the Associate’s degree.)
- Experience in writing system documentation, system specifications/requirements, presentations, correspondence, studies, reports, and training materials. Demonstrated ability to properly develop and maintain accurate documentation.
- Mac and Windows administrative capabilities alongside experience doing related system administrative duties such as account creation, permissions and software maintenance.
- Willingness to expand knowledge to include Linux/UNIX systems as needed.
- Previous experience with ticketing tools, such as ZenDesk
- Able to lead small projects and work autonomously
- Ability to lift/move equipment as required, up to approximately 50 lbs/ 23 kilo
- Occasional after-hours emergency calls and be willing to perform maintenance outside of regular business hours, on occasion.
What would be nice
- Experience in implementing high availability Microsoft Windows servers in a high-speed network and integrating MAC workstations with Microsoft Windows servers
- Experience with Virtualization / Hypervisor technology
Who you are
- o Motivated to solve issues and help fellow employees
- o Strong attention-to-detail
- Good communicator:
- o Interpersonal and oral communication skills
- o Hands-on and work well within a multi-skilled team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers served and systems administration staff.
- Ability to effectively explain moderately complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both French and English