Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK) is a global leader in digital & biometric identity authentication, fraud prevention, and mobile deposit solutions. Our verified identity platform and advanced image capture solutions are built on the latest advancements in biometric recognition, artificial intelligence, computer vision and machine learning, and trusted by over 7,500 organizations worldwide. We are headquartered in San Diego, California, with operations in the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Mexico, and the Netherlands. Visit us at www.miteksystems.com.
At Mitek, we believe that teams are stronger and more innovative when they have the range of opinions and perspectives that come from diversity. Very simply, we know that diversity is a foundational strength for our organization. A diverse workforce makes for stronger teams as a wider breadth of thinking and experience broadens the power of our collective mind. Building stronger teams is foundational to serving our customers comprehensively, innovating our products and solutions, and enabling more impactful decision-making across our business.
We are Virtual 1st! Whether you choose to work remotely from your home office or in-person from one of Mitek’s offices, our practices, processes and tools are designed to enable your success. At Mitek, the Future of Work is about flexibility and preference wherever and whenever we are working.
Reporting to CFO, the Internal Audit Senior Manager is responsible for managing the Company’s audit program. You will accomplish this by collaborating with the third-party provider to plan, oversee, and conduct financial, operational, and regulatory compliance audits and other specialized investigative audits and consultations, such as information technology, compliance, or other technical/operational audits throughout the Company. This includes identifying audit objectives and scope, determining, and assessing risks, developing time budgets and writing reports of findings and recommendations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, leadership and third-party provider to identify and evaluate risks, and controls, while driving a risk-based audit approach.
- Identify systemic root causes from one audit to the next, to assist with end-to-end remediation and strategic adjustment.
- Identify key control issues, gaps, and emerging risks, and work with management to ensure timely and effective remediation through the implementation of efficiencies, automation and data analytics. SOX Audit:
- Partner with the Controller in the planning and execution of the SOX audit process, ensuring timely completion and compliance with all SOX requirements.
- Collaborate with external auditors to facilitate annual SOX testing.
- Stay abreast of SOX compliance updates and adjust audit procedures accordingly.
- Educate and advise the organization on best practices in SOX compliance.
- Ensure maintenance of SOX documentation including flowcharts, control descriptions, and testing results. Operational Audits:
- Plan and execute operational audits, identifying areas of improvement in internal processes and controls, as needed.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations based on audit findings.
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations and ensure completion. Reporting:
- Present audit findings, recommendations, and insights to stakeholders and senior management on a regular basis.
- Develop and maintain a dashboard of audit metrics and KPIs. Continuous Improvement:
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, tools, and best practices in internal auditing.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the audit team and the wider organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related field.
- Relevant Professional Audit, Accounting or Compliance Certification required (CPA, CIA or CISO strongly preferred).
- Progressive experience performing complex audit projects and internal control assessments in a public company environment.
- Previous experience SOX compliance in a public company environment.
- Direct experience in assessing an organization’s compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act and strong working knowledge of contemporary risk management and control techniques and control design (e.g. COSO, FFIEC, and ERM).
- Strong understanding of operational audit methodologies.
- Proficiency with audit software and tools.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to adapt quickly to change and manage competing priorities effectively.
- Demonstrated expertise with internal controls assessment, risk assessment, design and development of audit programs, testing, process flowcharting, business process review, balance sheet and financial accounting.