We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Our future of work is about enabling a smarter, faster, and happier workforce regardless of work location. Whether you prefer to work from a Mitek office or a remote location of your choosing, we'll provide you with the digital excellence, supporting systems & tools, and communication transparency that allows you to do your best, most collaborative work.
Mitek is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our Professional Services and Sales Engineering team in the United States. This is a different kind of Software Engineering position - one that will take you away from engineering through product development and directly into a customer-facing pre-sales and customer solutions engineering role. Rather than proprietary products offered to the market, you’ll be developing ready-to-deploy solutions that utilize our products to demonstrate best practices and the “art of the possible” to our prospects, customers, and partners.
In this role, you'll collaborate with our team of solution architects and sales engineers to develop applications that demonstrate best practice examples of usage of our flagship product line. The engineer will work closely with customer-facing colleagues across the globe in the Professional Services group to create production-ready code for hosting on various container-based platforms.
Note that this is an atypical Software Engineer position – while Mitek does have a substantial engineering team and product development organization, this position is specifically outside of those structures. Our Professional Services group encompasses customer-facing functions across the sales pipeline, from Sales Engineers developing opportunities in the pipeline to Solutions Architects who educate and mentor customers and partners implementing our products.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 3+ years of experience in software development leveraging modern development platforms
- 1+ years of experience implementing production quality backend code with C#, Java, NodeJS, Python, or similar
- Experience with AWS DevOps, Jenkins, or a similar automated CI/CD tool
- Experience with common tools for cloud-based microservices environments including API Gateways, MongoDB, log management with ELK stack or similar, docker and cloud-based deploy environments
- Experience implementing automated unit and integration tests
- Understanding of agile methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience partnering with team members to speed adoption of new tools and technologies
What You'll Do
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain various functioning implementation examples and utility applications that leverage our market-leading identity verification APIs and capture SDKs
- Apply rapid application development skills to create solutions out of ideas working with stakeholders within our Professional Services teams at Mitek, and implementation teams at our partners and customers
- Apply comprehensive automated test patterns that are executed via continuous integration
- Develop and maintain a continuous delivery pipeline for the API
- Collaborate in a highly functional Agile process
What Would Be Nice
- 1+ years of experience implementing production quality front end code Angular, Express, or other common HTML5 oriented frameworks
- Experience developing solutions for deployment within Docker containers
- Experience developing web applications with Angular
- Experience with consuming open source software components, differentiating between proprietary vs public domain license components
- Even more extra credit if you can describe having contributed to open source projects
- Ability to communicate and maintain relationships with multiple types of stakeholders – engineering, internal business, and sales, as well as customer and partner engineering teams, product owners, quality assurance, and line of business managers