We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Mitek is committed to the health and safety of our employees and candidates. During this current pandemic, our global team of Mitekians are successfully and productively working full-time from home. Your experience with us - from introduction, to interview, to onboarding - will be a virtual one.
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team in San Diego. This is an opportunity for an early-career Financial Analyst to step up into a high-impact analytical role with a broad range of exposure across our highly complex, system-driven organization. You'll have access and visibility into our company and how it's run, and the hands-on nature of this role will allow you to directly see the impact and value of your work.
We'll look to you to confidently deliver many of our financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting tasks, while maintaining operational efficiency and providing consultative guidance to internal customers. You'll take responsibility for maintaining our budgeting and forecasting system, preparing our monthly and quarterly budget variance analyses, recurring financial reporting packages, and quarterly and long-term revenue and transaction forecasting. Your work will often be delivered directly to executive management and our Board of Directors.
While you'll primarily be focused on execution in this role, you should be passionate about using your expertise in systems and data analysis to discover areas for process improvement and cost savings. The efficiencies you create and execute will open up the possibility of you and the FP&A team having time to explore and innovate on new capabilities outside the scope of your day-to-day duties.
Our FP&A team is incredibly passionate and highly impactful to the entire company. You'll need to bring a lot of initiative and self-motivation to succeed in this role, but you will have the support and collaboration of our FP&A leadership to ensure you are set up with the tools, knowledge, and engagement to execute effectively. You should want to come in with a passion for developing strong business partnerships across our organization, effective time/project management, and no reservations about asking questions, speaking up, and taking ownership of your work. You'll be a vital part of accelerating Mitek up and to the right!
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a closely related field
• 2+ years' experience in corporate financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and/or financial systems
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including proven ability to create complex financial and analytical models
• Good understanding of GAAP and financial statements, and monthly/quarterly accounting processes
• Experience working in a Saas/cloud software company
• Hands-on experience with budgeting and forecasting software and CRM systems
• Experience with or understanding of sales operational metrics within a SaaS environment (e.g. ACV, TCV, ARR/MRR, churn, customer acquisition)
• Experience with BI tools, relational databases, and/or SQLClick for more info I'm interested