We’re Mitek, the global leader in identity verification and mobile banking SaaS solutions. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products are embedded into the apps of over 7,500 companies and used by over 80 million consumers worldwide to transform common in-person tasks into secure, convenient digital remote transactions.
Our mobile engineering team is seeking an experienced Contract Android Engineer for an estimated 6-month engagement.
This position will focus on SDK development in Kotlin and Java for Android, including designing, integrating, and enhancing biometric and chip-reading capabilities within the latest versions of our advanced mobile image capture SDKs used by and integrated into our enterprise customers' consumer-facing Android apps.
This is an estimated 6-month contract position based in the US with potential to convert to full-time employment in the future. This role will initially be remote and has the option of moving onsite to our San Diego headquarters if hired full-time.
What You'll Do
- Design, code, unit test, and automate the UI testing of customer-facing mobile applications which integrate with our web services
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and researchers
- Follow Agile/Scrum processes, such as daily stand-ups, refinements, planning, and retrospectives
- Present your work in front of stakeholders at sprint reviews
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- 5+ years of experience in Native Android development
- Advanced hands-on experience with Kotlin
- Development experience with Java in Android environments
- Experience with Enterprise-level application development and maintenance
- Experience implementing third-party SDKs
- Experience in developing best practices, software principles, and code design concepts
- Demonstrated success integrating SDKs and building customer-facing apps, and/or have published one or more Android apps in the Google Play App Store
What Would Be Nice
- Experience with version control (GIT)
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of other mobile development technologies and platforms
- Experience with iOS Development
- Experience with Machine Learning
- Experience conducting usability studies