We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Our future of work is about enabling a smarter, faster, and happier workforce regardless of work location. Whether you prefer to work from a Mitek office or a remote location of your choosing, we'll provide you with the digital excellence, supporting systems & tools, and communication transparency that allows you to do your best, most collaborative work.
Mitek Systems is a global leader in digital identity verification and check deposit software solutions, powered by our deep expertise in image capture and biometric verification. We are looking for a C++ Software Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing technology to its limits to join our cross-functional development delivery team. This position can be remote/work-from-home anywhere in the United States or based in our San Diego headquarters office.
You will work with our team of talented engineers to design, integrate, and enhance customer-facing APIs and backend systems ensuring best practices and patterns are applied. You'll be working directly on services and software that are used by some of the world's largest financial services and gig economy companies, and you'll be able to point directly to your impact on our global software.
What you bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or comparable experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience performing backend software development in C++
- Knowledge of and production experience developing Modern C++ (14/17) and the Standard Template Library (C++ 11)
- Experience in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with design patterns and algorithms
- Experience in writing unit tests and integration tests and understanding the different types of testing.
- Experience writing clean, maintainable, and production hardened code
- Knowledge of version control best practices (Git)
- Experience with Agile / Scrum methodology
What you'll do
- Design, code, unit test, and automate the testing of an extensive microservices architecture
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and researchers
- Follow Agile/Scrum processes, such as daily stand-ups, refinements, planning, and retrospectives
- Present your work in front of stakeholders at sprint reviews
What would be nice
- Experience working in a microservices-based architecture
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio for C++ development
- Experience with CMake and cross-platform C++ development
- Experience with Golang, Python, Groovy, and Java programming languages.
- Experience with test automation
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Working knowledge of AWS services such as S3, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, and DynamoDB
- Working knowledge of protobuf, gRPC, and asynchronous programming
- Comfort and familiarity with producing and writing documentation (either customer-facing or internal)