We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Our future of work is about enabling a smarter, faster, and happier workforce regardless of work location. Whether you prefer to work from a Mitek office or a remote location of your choosing, we'll provide you with the digital excellence, supporting systems & tools, and communication transparency that allows you to do your best, most collaborative work.
This position can be remote anywhere in Spain or onsite in our Barcelona/Cerdanyola del Valles office.
Mitek Systems is seeking an Application Operations Engineer to join our global Application Operations Team. The Application Operations team is responsible for ensuring Mitek's customer facing SaaS products meet our high standards for reliability and availability. The Application Operations Engineer will be responsible for responding to incidents raised from system monitoring, customer escalations, and requests from Mitek internal users. As a part of this team, the candidate will have opportunities to build infrastructure automation projects, improve cloud skills, join a highly collaborative team, and become familiar with Cloud and large-scale monitoring systems.
What You’ll Do
- Monitor and respond to incidents relating to all Mitek SaaS Products and critical services.
- Escalate incidents, issues, and take ownership of the escalation process, to other internal teams.
- Implement, modify, and tune application monitoring and cloud infrastructure in partnership with Cloud Engineering or Software Engineering.
- Perform production deployments and system upgrades.
- Build Monitor systems and applications to proactively identify problems and perform periodical health checks.
- Communicate problem and incident management updates to impacted business users including action taken to resolve.
- Provide support for root cause analysis and preventative analysis after incidents.
- Ownership of Incident Management lifecycle during and after incidents including war-room management.
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically gained through 2-5years of IT/Development experience including in a Network Operations Center.
- Understanding of Software Change Management, Production Incident Management, Problem Management, System & Application Monitoring, and Logging.
- Deep knowledge of monitoring Windows and Linux production workloads in a cloud environment.
- Proven experience with system and application health monitoring/alerting such as Grafana, Zabbix, ElasticSearch, Nagios, and Kibana.
- Strong experience in a scripting language such as Bash, Python, or Powershell.
- Solid written documentation skills regarding system issues, troubleshooting steps, resolution, and communication with stakeholders.
- Proven experience and success working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong bias for action and ownership of customer problems.
- Willing to work flexible hours Saturday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Sunday including night and/or swing shifts and to be part of an on-call rotation.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills.
What Would be Nice
- Knowledge of basic network and routing concepts.
- Cloud vendor certifications preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of working with REST API’s and troubleshooting.
- Proven experience of Kanban or other agile processes.
- Strong knowledge of containers and serverless technologies.
- Working knowledge of network and routing concepts.