We’re Mitek, a NASDAQ-listed global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in AI and machine learning. Our Mobile Verify and Mobile Deposit products power and protect millions of identity evaluations and mobile deposits every day, around the world.
Our future of work is about enabling a smarter, faster, and happier workforce regardless of work location. Whether you prefer to work from a Mitek office or a remote location of your choosing, we'll provide you with the digital excellence, supporting systems & tools, and communication transparency that allows you to do your best, most collaborative work.
This position can be remote anywhere in Spain or onsite in our Barcelona/Cerdanyola del Valles office.
Mitek, a leader in preventing fraud in today’s digital world, is seeking qualified candidates to join our Agile Success team as an Agile Coach. We structure according to strategy; collaboratively coaching individuals into tight-knit, effective, optimized squads that deliver the highest value and groundbreaking outcomes to customers. As a Coach you will be working intimately with assigned R&D squad members, Product Managers, and R&D leads to ensure the continuous refinement and efficient execution of every sprint, building toward the progression and delivery of your squad’s defined mission and initiatives. The Mitek Agile Success team exists to provide process coaching and servant leadership across the global organization. We've established an empirical process of inspection, adaption, and transparency that allows squads to learn and evolve within that process. We help empower squads to identify obstacles and move from ideation of the solution to actionable implementation. We champion the reinforcement of our Mitek culture and work to foster an environment of continuous learning.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate and educate global squads on Agile ceremonies, processes, and practices.
- Keep a pulse on squad’s progress and radiate information to leadership.
- Recognize, raise, and remove impediments proactively that would prevent your squad from achieving their mission and assigned initiatives.
- Be the heart and soul of your squads; keep them motivated, healthy, and focused on the things that matter.
- Be coached and trained by our Agile Success team.
- Help contribute and grow our Agile culture.
- Support Mitek in continuous improvement and organizational effectiveness.
How You’ll be Expected to Operate as a Coach
- Coach so they can thrive without you
- Strike the right balance with your coaching to enable any group you work with to learn, grow, and excel; create community and rapport within and across groups to support each other.
- Be the best part of someone’s day
- Create meaningful, genuine relationships; be truly present in the moment; listen and respond in a way that people feel valued and heard.
- Have a passion for learning, especially Agile
- Be the antithesis of being complacent and closed minded; push yourself to learn, create and experiment in your domain; and never stop growing your skillset.
- Take controlled action
- Have a bias for action, but do not merely react or add to chaos. Your actions should be timely, but balanced with clear messaging, communication, and plans to those it heavily impacts. Inspect your actions, listen to feedback, and adapt to add value.
- Lean into the issue
- Do not ignore or avoid challenges. Lean into the problem and work together as a coaching unit to manage conflict and find solutions.
- Keep it simple
- It’s your responsibility to make complicated processes and practices easy to understand and follow. Anything we create should be easy to maintain and easy to adapt.
What You Need
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business, or related field
- 3+ years of experience working with global Agile teams/squads in the role of a Scrum Master/ Agile Coach
- Well-versed on Agile theory and methodology, paired with an understanding of the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Excellent time management skills and able to efficiently shift priorities
- Self-motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, and innovative
- Experience working with virtual teams
- High desire to learn, grow and improve yourself and your respective squads
- Profiency in English and Spanish communication - verbal, written and spoken
What Would be Nice
- Well-versed on Modern Agile and the Spotify model
- Experience with Jira, Aha!, and Miro
- Experience working with software engineers and researchers, and understanding their respective best practices
- Attended Agile Conferences, worked with Agile Community and or are a Certified Scrum Master (CSM)